Glock Recall?

Glock Recall?

This is a discussion on Glock Recall? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was surfing and found this interesting item on GLOCKTALK.Com.............. seems it's in the LEO section...... Thought you'd enjoy, or be interested in reading. Her's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Recall?

Glock Recall?

I was surfing and found this interesting item on GLOCKTALK.Com.............. seems it's in the LEO section...... Thought you'd enjoy, or be interested in reading.
    Her's the link:
    http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=107305

**OFFICER INFO-Glock Recall**
    Glock is recalling all GLock models made between 8/1/01 and 6/1/02. The dates may be off a little, but this gives you a rough guide line. The problem involves all Glock receivers regardless of caliber. Glock has found there was a problem in the manufacturing process with the rear rail. The slide WILL NOT seperate from the frame, but the slide will not travel to the rear, and the pistol will cease to function.

This is not a joke or attempt at humor. Officer who believe their weapon was made on or near the above dates need to contact their department range staff and get their receiver replaced. If you bought your weapon as an individual purchase, contact Glock directly. If you do not thave thier phone number, email me direct with the name of your department and I will email you the number. I would list it here, but I am uncertain if this is a department only number, or if it available to the public.

I will update this as I get more information. If other officers get better or more current information, please do the same. If I can verify the number is not a police only number, I will list it.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar

Update Info for All

From http://www.gssfonline.com/hot_topics/framerails.htm

GLOCK Frame Rails - The Real Scoop!

The GLOCK Corporation has identified an issue with a very small percentage of GLOCK pistols produced between September of 2001 and May of 2002. The specific issue that has been identified is the potential of breaking a rear frame rail in pistols manufactured during this time period. Within the specific range the breakage rate has been less than 0.0188%. So, while the actual percentage of rails reported broken is within any accepted manufacturing tolerance, it is not an acceptable situation to the GLOCK Corporation. It is also important to note that under most conditions GLOCK pistols will continue to function with three rails. A routine maintenance check after each time the pistol has been taken out and used would immediately indicate if there is a problem.

We are, therefore, concerned that a limited number of customers will not get the product we have promised them and what we have always delivered, the very best pistol on the market, in short, a GLOCK.

For these reasons, we have made the decision that in the interest of customer service, replacement frames will be offered to anyone who has a firearm in this range and decides to take advantage of this offer. The replacement frames will have identical serial numbers to our customer's original firearm except the numeral 1 will be added as a prefix. If you believe your firearm is within this range, please call 1-866-225-4098 to take advantage of the ultimate in customer service.

Nothing less than the best for our customers is acceptable to GLOCK and, as always, we will continue to work towards Perfection.

Thumbs up

Hi Len
    GREAT response !! I was concerned after reading about a possible recall that may have been out there, and knowing we have a lot of Glock users here, I wanted to pass the info on.. Great that you're on top of it as well. I wouldn't want to think I had known about a potential issue, and have one of us find out about it, especially when their life depended on it
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; May 6th, 2005 at 02:10 PM.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Class3, Thanks!

I don't even own any Glocks . . . just don't like them!

But I Moderate another forum, try to keep the members at Braintree R&P (MA) advised of critical info, and participate in a number of LE only forums where they need this info.

yeah i rember the huff about there when they didnt tell everyone about it ... olny a certain run were effected ... rember its not a recall for glock its a upgrade according to them

I have what was a NIB Glock 17 when Glock replaced the frame for me. They were real good about it, gave me an account number for the shipping to them and it showed up back at my door in about a week. If you call Glock they will tell you if any of your serial numbers are effective. I know some people complain about dealing with Glock but my experience was great.

Monty

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    yeah i rember the huff about there when they didnt tell everyone about it ... olny a certain run were effected ... rember its not a recall for glock its a upgrade according to them
    LOL......Is that anything like a "TSB" in the Automovive Industry??
    Ok, I'll shut up now, and sit down.

Groan...

God I used to hate it when Joe Blow would get him a copy of the latest TSB and try to call up someone at GM and tell us how he was eligible for some kind of free repair or something.

There's a reason the general public isn't supposed to see those things.

Absoultly Class3 that is what it is Service flash is what they call it where i work ...lol

Euc your right been there had to listen to that at Gm dealer and now theres not even a paper trail on ours all built into our laptop i carry and they only see it if i show it to them ... comes up by model # so i can read it b4 i ever walk in the house

Just imagine all those LEO's having to think about whether their Glock MIGHT be defective? and also to think IF the weapon MIGHT become "disabled" in an altercation with a BG. <shudder> I think it would be disasterous if even ONE LEO lost his or her life due to a defective weapon. I DO believe Glock is "providing updated weapons" to them, but in a low key way. I DO know that I've seen postings by a local dealer in my area ( I deal with them all the time) that when they have that such type gun, it's always posted as "Has up-dates" or "has improved striker updates" added to the online posting of the used gun at their website. I caught this a while ago, and have seen it pretty often. Makes me think about what's ongoing behind the doors.
    BTW. this is in NO way downing the Glock, just keeping OUR members well informed fo anything potentially hazarous to their health and personal well-being

DC Founder
    Antyhing and everything manufactured can have an occasional flaw. What makes the difference is if (and how) they make it right.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Most of these guns should have been updated all read was a small run and been a few years.. only problem i could see is if the new Frame comes back with a different serial# what a pain that would be

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    only problem i could see is if the new Frame comes back with a different serial# what a pain that would be
    I got one of mine upgraded. The serial number it comes back with has a 1 in front of the old serial #. Glock said that legally they couldn’t put the same one on it since it is a different frame. It didn't bother me. In fact, to anybody in the know it automatically identifies it as an upgraded gun, because there is a 1 in front (Glock serial #'s always begin with a letter). You don't have to figure out if it is in the affected range and if it’s been upgraded. Of course, I've never sold a Glock and probably won't, so it doesn't matter.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Great news to hear you got your upgrade!! I guess there's something in the rear frame rail, with some metal that may snap off. Glock will replace the frame and return it with a 1 prefex number, as to designate it's been reworked.

wonder how it would work here i would have to reregister it but not sure how i could unless glock sent some paper work to cya me so i could prove its mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links