Pocket guns

This is a discussion on Pocket guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In my effort to pass on interesting articles I come across... Pocket Protectors...

Thread: Pocket guns

Pocket guns

In my effort to pass on interesting articles I come across...

Pocket Protectors
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

2. Remove Ads

Nice article, but then who could discuss pocket carry without even bothering to mention the NAA Guardian or the Seecamp? In my opinion, a huge oversight on the part of the original author..

Thanks for the link!
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

Thanks for the post. I currently have a 2G KelTec P32 that I use for pocket carry, especially at work and various meetings. I understand the shortcomings of the .32 over say the 9mm. I guess I am curious if anyone has pictures comparing the KelTec P32 with say a Kahr PM9. I would like to get something a little more potent, but concealability is of my utmost concern.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Well, I'm waiting for a K-T P-32 to be shipped to me (Hopefully I'll get it within a few days). I do have a PM9 & a friend of mine has the P-3AT (Which is I believe is dimensionally similar to the P-32, just slightly heavier).

My friend was surprised at how small the PM9 is. There's definitely a noticeable difference in weight, & the PM9's about 1/2" longer & taller. The K-T's thinner, but it's not a big difference, but noticable.

The PM9's definitely a pocket gun, but not for back pockets, unless they're deeper than usual. What I do like about the PM9 is that you can pocket carry it, but also get a good IWB holster, & carry it with the extended mag, giving you a full grip.

The Rhorbaugh's supposedly nice. It's about the size of the P-32. I believe it's sights aren't as nice as the PM9's & of course a small gun is usally harder to shoot. Yes, you can practice with it, but you don't get a full grip & the smallness of the gun can affect where & how you pull the trigger in relation to the position of your finger.

With the extended mag in it, I feel comfortable & confident shooting the PM9 further out than "bad breath" distances.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoski View Post
    Nice article, but then who could discuss pocket carry without even bothering to mention the NAA Guardian or the Seecamp? In my opinion, a huge oversight on the part of the original author..

Thanks for the link!
    Maybe he wasn't considering mouse calibers....

God I want a pocket pistol soooo bad. My XD-9 isn't comfortably concealable like a pocket pistol would be. Of course I dunno why I am saying pistol when I am looking into the 642 or the 442.

Here is a pocket rocket.....can wait to range test it.

Links