Defensive Carry banner

Pocket guns

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  imthduke 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Thanks for the post. I currently have a 2G KelTec P32 that I use for pocket carry, especially at work and various meetings. I understand the shortcomings of the .32 over say the 9mm. I guess I am curious if anyone has pictures comparing the KelTec P32 with say a Kahr PM9. I would like to get something a little more potent, but concealability is of my utmost concern.

#4 ·
Well, I'm waiting for a K-T P-32 to be shipped to me (Hopefully I'll get it within a few days). I do have a PM9 & a friend of mine has the P-3AT (Which is I believe is dimensionally similar to the P-32, just slightly heavier).

My friend was surprised at how small the PM9 is. There's definitely a noticeable difference in weight, & the PM9's about 1/2" longer & taller. The K-T's thinner, but it's not a big difference, but noticable.

The PM9's definitely a pocket gun, but not for back pockets, unless they're deeper than usual. What I do like about the PM9 is that you can pocket carry it, but also get a good IWB holster, & carry it with the extended mag, giving you a full grip.

The Rhorbaugh's supposedly nice. It's about the size of the P-32. I believe it's sights aren't as nice as the PM9's & of course a small gun is usally harder to shoot. Yes, you can practice with it, but you don't get a full grip & the smallness of the gun can affect where & how you pull the trigger in relation to the position of your finger.

With the extended mag in it, I feel comfortable & confident shooting the PM9 further out than "bad breath" distances.

#7 ·

Here is a pocket rocket.....can wait to range test it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.