What Do You Think of This Pistol? 24/7 OSS

This is a discussion on What Do You Think of This Pistol? 24/7 OSS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; PRODUCT DESCRIPTION The Taurus 24/7 OSS" features Taurus' revolutionary Single Action/Double Action trigger system that fires normally from a smooth single action mode, yet, if ...

Thread: What Do You Think of This Pistol? 24/7 OSS

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    The Taurus 24/7 OSS" features Taurus' revolutionary Single Action/Double Action trigger system that fires normally from a smooth single action mode, yet, if a primer fails to ignite, it provides a life-saving second try at firing a faulty cartridge a feature no other pistol on the market offers. Also the ambidextrous decock and safety provide ergonomic functionality for right or left hand.The aggressive checkered grip that allows a glue-like purchase on the gun, even with sweaty or bloody hands. Add the combat-necessary ambidextrous decock/safety levers that allow for 'cocked and locked' and/or Double Action carry, SA/DA indicator on the rear of the slide shows whether the pistol is in 'cocked' or 'decocked' mode, a reversible magazine release and the 24/7 OSS" versatility becomes immediately apparent. Field-strip the 24/7 OSS" and you'll discover a remarkable 18.5 lb. recoil spring that cycles the slide faster, a heavy Match Grade 5¼' barrel and a stainless steel guide rod that adds just the right amount of front end weight for improved recoil control and rapid fire accuracy. The 24/7 OSS" gives you a lifetime of hard-charging performance, bulls-eye accuracy and unrelenting dependability. It's our symbol of dedication to those in Special Ops. Because when you put your life on the line, you need a gun that can back you up.
    http://www.taurustactical.com/

I think it looks like an interesting new piece. I'm showing the .45acp version here but it comes in 9mm as well.

I'm not a fan of plastic framed guns but after I get my steel framed collection rounded out, I may have to buy one of these if the reviews are good.

From what I understand it is/was going to be Taurus's entry into the JCP trials.

Josh <><

Doesnt look bad, Im not a big fan of Taurus though. I would have to fondle/shoot one to have a better opinion.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

I owned a 24/7 pro and loved every bit of it. I will be buying another one soon. If it shoots like the 24/7 pro it has my vote.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Administrator
    I'm not a Taurus fan at all, but a lot of people like the 24/7.

I've never messed with that model, but it looks like it should plug into a nintendo or playstation to shoot ducks.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Sixto,

Funny you should say that.

I owned one of those game consoles and thought the Glock 22 the Sheriff's Dept was making us shoot pencils from felt a lot like a Nintendo "Zapper" gun. I subsequently practiced daily with the "Zapper" until I literally could not hold my arm up, and when live fire came I scored higher than all the others like me and most of the LEOs (of which I wasn't one). I had never shot a Glock before that and didn't like it as I had only recently begun shooting centerfire pistols. I was not ready for the torque the thing put out.

Josh <><

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Looks like you could mount those sights on a boat and go for a sail!

I dunno, with that extended slide, it looks a little front-heavy, though I can't tell without handling it, of course.

The 24/7 seems to be a decent gun. My brother has one in .40S&W.
    I love the grips on them and the recoil of the .40 was about the same as my Beretta 9mm. The accuracy seems good. But his front sight did fly off at the range, Taurus sent him a new one, but still that kinda sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    The 24/7 seems to be a decent gun. My brother has one in .40S&W.
    I love the grips on them and the recoil of the .40 was about the same as my Beretta 9mm. The accuracy seems good. But his front sight did fly off at the range, Taurus sent him a new one, but still that kinda sucked.
    The .45 doesn't have the ribber grips BTW, only the 9mm and .40, not sure what they are doing on the OSS, probably the same deal.

Hey Joshua, I didn't know you were on this board. Good to see an old friend.

I like the Taurus. I haven't shot many of their autos, but their quality runs good. I really like their revolvers, the actions on them are hard to beat. They are a very good value for the price.

G.

Sponsored Links