Kahr carry question

This is a discussion on Kahr carry question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned a Kahr K9 stainless in the past. It carried very well and was comfortable. Soon, I hope to be purchasing a new ...

Thread: Kahr carry question

Kahr carry question

I have owned a Kahr K9 stainless in the past. It carried very well and was comfortable. Soon, I hope to be purchasing a new Kahr. Is there much difference in carry comfort between the K9 stainless and the T9 stainless? This is a major purchase and I don't want to make a purchase I will regret. While the gun is intended primarily as a concealed carry piece, it may also fill the function of an occassional plinker. But if it won't fulfill its primary function of a CCW piece with comfort and ease, it will be no good to me.

2. Remove Ads

I don't know about the T9, but the P45 I bought recently is great for concealed carry, have a good IWB by K&D holsters. I would say that how you carry is a major concern. Do you carry OWB, IWB or pocket? I'm sure others will give you some good advice!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I carry IWB. I was looking at K&D's website and did not see a holster offered for the T9. I am sure that there is not too much difference between the T9 and the K9, but I could be wrong. Hopefully, someone will be chime in if there is a big difference prior to my purchasing.

VIP Member
    I can't answer your question, but Kahr has redesigned their website and there is a comparison page showing the steel 9mm firearms here.

If a pistol is not listed on the K&D site call or email Kevin and he can tell you for sure whether he can make a holster for any particular firearm.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

FWIW....I have a TP9. Good enough gun BUT a real nuisance to find holsters for. I've been waiting for > 4 months now for a IWB tuckable ...... mike

The T9 is not much larger. It is only longer in the grip and barrel. If you carry IWB anywhere on the front of your body it will be an issue. However, if you carry IWB or OWB behind your strong side hip, the barrel length will not be an issue. And the grip length should not affect concealability if you have the right cant against your body.

You also get +1 capacity and more to get your hand on.

Good luck.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Links