Now I've gone and done it, trusty couch here I come

Now I've gone and done it, trusty couch here I come

This is a discussion on Now I've gone and done it, trusty couch here I come within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the gun shop in continuation of my ongoing and failing holster search for my Israeli Arms 1911 (dang square trigger guard!!) Fast ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I've gone and done it, trusty couch here I come

Wink Now I've gone and done it, trusty couch here I come

I went to the gun shop in continuation of my ongoing and failing holster search for my Israeli Arms 1911 (dang square trigger guard!!)

Fast Forward......

I left the store with my new XD 9MM SC with Trijicon sights

The 1911 is no longer in my possession (I'm sure I'll be looking for a better 1911 sometime in the future).

I've been going back and forth between the XD and a Glock 19 for a while and actually came VERY close to buying each at different times. I finally decided to (pardon the expression) bite the bullet.

Now to order a holster for the XD, (a completely new search, any suggestions???) I figure I'm getting a Blackhawk Serpa for OWB, but I'll have to get a IWB too.

Oh well, better go grab the pillow and blanket, it's going to be a long night.

FMC

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I would have suggested shaping the triggerguard with a file, but hats off to anyone who chooses to live dangerously....

BTW, Galco Summer comfort for IWB.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

JD
    Administrator
    Oops I hate it when that happens. It's happened to me quite a few times, luckily I don't end up on the couch

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar
    Try high noon holsters, i like them

if you want an inexpensive holster for the xd try the don hume 715. It is a great gun you will love it check out the xd forum
    http://www.xdtalk.com/

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Desantis OWB works good with my 9mm sc.XD's are tough guns,you will like it.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Older and wiser people have spare bedrooms!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    Older and wiser people have spare bedrooms!
    That the truth! Congrats on the new XD.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I remember an old saying "'Tis better to ask for forgiveness, than ask for permission..."

Congrats on the new addition (XD) to the family!
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

You might call Brigade Gun Leather on the phone first and see if they are still in business or having a significant delay in their already high demand production.

Osawatomie, Ks. where they are located just got hit with major flood this past week!

The M-11 holster already has a 12 - 13 week turnaround. If they are flood damaged it may be delayed for the foreseeable future.

I am planning on calling them monday myself.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Oops I hate it when that happens. It's happened to me quite a few times, luckily I don't end up on the couch
    Yeah, but it sure does get cold and quiet around my house when I do something I'm not supposed to.

Not that that EVER happens to me. (That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.)
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

FMC: You're doing it all wrong there buddy! You're not suppose to tell the boss you got a gun. Wait a few months and then be cleaning it when she walks into the room - the phrase you're looking for is: "Oh this thing? I've had this gun for years, I just thought I'd shoot it for a change of pace."

As for the holster, I'm a huge fan of Gary's MaxCon V for IWB carry. Are you looking for leather or kydex?
    Jack

Well, all was well before we went to bed. Once she calmed down she asked me about the gun and as I was showing it to her she got okay with it. I told her this would be it for a while (but I left out how long a while is!!!)

I'm trying to decide between leather and kydex. Both seem to have advantages.

FMC

If you had kept back some to get her that something special she would like, you may not have spent the night on the couch.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links