Truglo TFO's on my XD-45c - **Photo's Added**

This is a discussion on Truglo TFO's on my XD-45c - **Photo's Added** within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have really enjoyed my TFO's I think they are great sights. However, after reading this post I pulled XD-45 out of the holster and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truglo TFO's on my XD-45c - **Photo's Added**

I have really enjoyed my TFO's I think they are great sights.

However, after reading this post I pulled XD-45 out of the holster and took a very close look at them. The yellow rear sights are fine, no breaks and they are solidly in place. However the front sight is a different story.

On initial inspection it seemed ok, however as I looked closer I noticed a fracture in the fiber near the front of the sight, and the ring that holds the piece of fiber in place is missing, I can actually wiggle the piece of fiber around with my finger.

Needless to say I am sorely disappointed, luckily I get paid Friday and I will be ordering new sights and getting them installed ASAP.

Thanks for this post, I might not have caught it otherwise.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    TruGlo should replace them without giving you any hassle.
    When you call them up if it sounds like they are not going to care of you...then mention that you're going to post the outcome of your dealings with them on your firearm forum w/ 13,000+ members.
    That should get you some quick replacement sights.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAngel View Post
    I have really enjoyed my TFO's I think they are great sights.

However, after reading this post I pulled XD-45 out of the holster and took a very close look at them. The yellow rear sights are fine, no breaks and they are solidly in place. However the front sight is a different story.

On initial inspection it seemed ok, however as I looked closer I noticed a fracture in the fiber near the front of the sight, and the ring that holds the piece of fiber in place is missing, I can actually wiggle the piece of fiber around with my finger.

Needless to say I am sorely disappointed, luckily I get paid Friday and I will be ordering new sights and getting them installed ASAP.

Thanks for this post, I might not have caught it otherwise.

Don't do that! Call Truglo and they will replace the site for free (other than shipping one way) from what I got today on the phone with them, they know the sights are delicate somewhat and make every effort to rectify a probelm with them by fixing them for there customers. All they have to do is install a new piece fiber and ring.

Try that first before you buy another set, I am just going to send in my slide to them and have them switched out so I don't have to deal with taking them off and back on.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Don't do that! Call Truglo and they will replace the site for free (other than shipping one way) from what I got today on the phone with them, they know the sights are delicate...
    Right there, 'they know the sights are delicate' - that's a red flag.

I would order Tru-Glo to send a new set OEM, sell them on gunbroker or eBay and use the money to buy something made better.

No offense but that statement in bold is very bad.

Don't do that! Call Truglo and they will replace the site for free (other than shipping one way) from what I got today on the phone with them, they know the sights are delicate somewhat and make every effort to rectify a probelm with them by fixing them for there customers. All they have to do is install a new piece fiber and ring.

Try that first before you buy another set, I am just going to send in my slide to them and have them switched out so I don't have to deal with taking them off and back on.

Ti
    Well it's good to know they will fix it, and I appreciate their commitment to customer service. however this being my primary carry gun my faith in the product has been shaken so I will be buying different sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Right there, 'they know the sights are delicate' - that's a red flag.

I would order Tru-Glo to send a new set OEM, sell them on gunbroker or eBay and use the money to buy something made better.

No offense but that statement in bold is very bad.

Pete,

I hear ya man! But it is no secret that any "Fiber Optics" are delicate.

I have been dealing with communication Fiber Optic's (the real deal) for 15 years and understand what there strengths and weaknesses are. It is a give and take with these sights as well, high performance demands care and maintenance. If you know how to care and protect them, they will serve you well, if not then you get what I got.

It's a lesson learned, I know better now as well as Truglo is fixing them for free and hopefully this post will save another user a headache! I will guarantee that it will not happen again and I am still going to use the sites due to they are the best visual sight I have ever looked through day or night. A little extra care and/or a change in the cleaning products I use is no problem for the performance these sights offer.

Ti
    Last edited by Ti Carry; July 10th, 2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Well it's good to know they will fix it, and I appreciate their commitment to customer service. however this being my primary carry gun my faith in the product has been shaken so I will be buying different sights.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! No problem with that, you have to feel comfortable with what you carry, I believe this to be an isolated experiance though an I will continue to use the Truglows but care for them better this time now that I understand how to.

Ti

Ti:
    Did they recommend a cleaner that would be safe for the sights? the muzzle of my G19 had a pretty good amount of powder residue on it after that last range trip so I have to use something.
    Jack

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! No problem with that, you have to feel comfortable with what you carry, I believe this to be an isolated experiance though an I will continue to use the Truglows but care for them better this time now that I understand how to.

Ti
    True, and I still think they are great sights that will serve you well. But I was already considering the XS 24/7 sights anyway, and this gives me an excuse to switch sooner

And I will be getting my Truglows repaired and on hand just in case I was to switch back.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Ti:
    Did they recommend a cleaner that would be safe for the sights? the muzzle of my G19 had a pretty good amount of powder residue on it after that last range trip so I have to use something.
    Jack
    Actually, I don't have that info as of yet but I will post it as soon as I do.

Ti

True, and I still think they are great sights that will serve you well. But I was already considering the XS 24/7 sights anyway, and this gives me an excuse to switch sooner

And I will be getting my Truglows repaired and on hand just in case I was to switch back.
    I don't blame you, I like the XS sights too and may put them on my Ultra CDP soon just for another flavor. The problem is that after looking through the Truglow's it has spoiled me and the Meprolights on the CDP look like Walmart specials now.

Ti

Administrator
    I don't blame you, I like the XS sights too and may put them on my Ultra CDP soon just for another flavor. The problem is that after looking through the Truglow's it has spoiled me and the Meprolights on the CDP look like Walmart specials now.

Ti

The truglows are nice and bright, but what are they worth now?
    I'll take less flash and more go please.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The truglows are nice and bright, but what are they worth now?
    I'll take less flash and more go please.
    What there worth is replacing and they are doing it for free due to my mistake! That's right, I should have read the precautions from the beginning and this would not have happened.

Ti

Administrator
    What there worth is replacing and they are doing it for free due to my mistake! That's right, I should have read the precautions from the beginning and this would not have happened.

Ti
    I'll bet the same thing happens again.

I'm not dogging the truglows or you at all, I'd have them too but they are just to fragile for a working gun IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Cleaning Solvents

From what I've been told it is the glue that holds the actual tube in the metal sight that is affected by solvents, not the actual tube itself. We'll see I guess.

I just got to see my gun for the first time with these on it. I like the sights, but I am kicking myself for getting them. They DO NOT look like they would be very good "combat type" sights. Should have ordered Meprolights or XS sights. So......this is probably the wrong thread to post this on.....if anyone wants to buy some TFOs --$115 shipped.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
    --Thomas Paine December 19, 1776

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13226.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links