I love my Sig

I love my Sig

This is a discussion on I love my Sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the range Friday to teach basic firearms skills to two novice shooters. Brought two Sig P228s, a Glock 19, a Beretta M9, three ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love my Sig

VIP Member

I love my Sig

Went to the range Friday to teach basic firearms skills to two novice shooters. Brought two Sig P228s, a Glock 19, a Beretta M9, three S&W 19s, and a Ruger SP101 in .38. After a morning of instruction, I spent the afternoon just running the heck out of the autos...

I know it's not unique, or uber-cool, or the newest kid on the block, but I love my Sig. Put around 500 rds through it in an afternoon (almost all 115gr and 124gr NATO ball, with some 124gr and 147gr Hydra-Shok just for fun), without so much as a tiny hiccup. No cleaning or maintenance before or during, and it was as dry as sitting in a holster in ~20% humidity for two months without any lube could make it. More accurate than me, easy to control, pours the rounds down range, and so on and so on. Easier on my trigger finger then the Glock, smaller than the Beretta, and so on and so on...

Sorry for the love letter to what is, in essence, a plain Jane pisol, but I just had to gush a little.... The P228 has got to be one of the best compact pistols ever designed.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Sorry for the love letter to what is, in essence, a plain Jane pisol, but I just had to gush a little.... The P228 has got to be one of the best compact pistols ever designed.
    Hey, quality works, and that is always pleasing...there is no need to apologize for that.

Administrator
    The 228 is one of the best ever made, thats why I own several.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    Yep - 228 is a beaut' .... altho I carry as EDC my 226, the 228 gets way more use for practice and never misses a beat.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I understand completley.

I went from a Sig 220, to a Kimber Ultra Carry 3".

My Kimber has not had one single problem. But my Sig fit me like a glove. So much so, that I want another 220.

Guess i'll be visiting my local store to see if I can do a trade.

Never had a malfunction of any kind with my Sig. Great gun.

Austin

I hear ya loud and clear. I love my 220 way too much. Its been a great gun. I also have alot of other Sigs on my list for future purchases, more than any other brand. I want a 220 Carry Equinox, 228, 239 SAS, 220 Compact SAS and there are probably some others too.

I plan on buying my wife either a 239 or 232 if she likes either one of them.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Our sheriff's dept has p229's and just about everyone loves them. I hated giving up my S-W 4013 but..i gotta admit the Sig is an upgrade.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I love my P228 as well. It has been my EDC for over a year now. Some folks will argue that the P228 is the best double stack 9mm ever. Think about it......Sig quality, accuracy, hi-capacity, all in a compact and concealable package. You cannot go wrong with any of the "classic" P-220 series pistols.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I own 12 handguns but the one that is by my bed every night is my Sig P226R with CT grips. Next purchase will be a P229 with CT grips.
    Gotta love Sigs! And CZ's of course!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Administrator

Thumbs up

SIG handguns. They are just great.
    They run so doggone well.
    Ultra reliable and accurate and they sure do feel good in hand.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by czman2006 View Post
    the one that is by my bed every night is my Sig P226R with CT grips.
    As much as I love my P228, at night it goes to sleep while my Remington 870 comes out for those things that go bump in the night.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

VIP Member
    I am totally in love with my 228 and my 226. It is a touch choice to decide which one will ride with me each day. They are simply the best handguns I have ever fired. I'd be rid of everything other than them and my S&W revolvers--- but I can't seem to sell the Glock 23 for a decent price- which is a shock to me.

The 12 gauge does come out to guard against the bump in the night, but the 228 is in a fanny pack with a light, mags, and a knife just incase the bump in the night turns into something that forces me to get on the move quickly. The 12 gauge may come along, but three mags of 9mm can't ever be a bad thing to have.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member
    I gotta stop reading these threads! I finally get happy with a good revolver and a good semiauto and then this comes along. Sigh.

ps. I too have a nice Mossberg 500 12 guage that comes out at night. It sleeps in the day next to my bedpost, covered by my bathrobe. (2 home breakins on our street in the past twelve months)

VIP Member
    I know what you mean. It was a thread like this that cured me of my Glock disease and started the Sig sickness. Luckily, I think this is the end of the road. The Sig works for me in the areas I've thought other guns came up short.

OF course, if you're not having any problems with your choices, there is no need to jump into the deep end with us.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links