Got me some Aluma Grips. - Page 2

Got me some Aluma Grips.

This is a discussion on Got me some Aluma Grips. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ti Carry Yea, I've seen it a bunch of times but didn't look/realize what the symbol really was until after OPFOR posted ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got me some Aluma Grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Yea, I've seen it a bunch of times but didn't look/realize what the symbol really was until after OPFOR posted and I took a better look at them. I knew right away I didn't like them from a glance so I didn't even give it a further look.

Ti
    I tried finding the mentioned thread with no luck. Do you remember what thread it was.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

I had a set made for my RIA .45

They will not fade but they do dull out when they get exposed to oil or anything liquid. To make them white again you would need to degrease them or something like that.

If they would make them for a J frame I would buy a set. How about an aluma-grip and a T-grip combo? Anyone else?
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I am looking to get a set for my Kimber. I had the opportunity to shoot my buddies smith which had a set. They felt great, not as 'abrasive' feeling as they look. Even when sweating a little I was still able to get a great grip.
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

I bought a used Nighthawk Talon III that came with a set of alumagrips with the NH logo. They were checkered and had a pretty good feel. Decent amount of 'grip' but not at all uncomfortable. I decided to get rid of them b/c they were standard thickness. I was going to replace them w. a set of thin alumagrips, but came across a set of micarta grips that looked great. (Horned Lizard from monkeygrips.com) I've been using them for several weeks now. After sanding them down some (they were much too 'sharp' for my tastes initially), I prefer them to the alumagrips. They give an even more solid grip and are still comfortable. But, if I was going to go with any other kind of grip, it would be alumagrips. I much prefer the feel of them to any wood ones that I've tried.

I've got several sets of engraved Alumagrips and love them all. My engraving hasn't faded a bit, but I try to keep cleaning and lube materials away from them. By the way, who is Slayer?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
    I was hoping this wouldn't derail into a thread about religion.

I guess whenever Slayer/Satan comes up...this is bound to happen.

Kinda reminds me of how Slayer started. They were going nowhere until they decided to try on the whole Satanic thing. Let's just say Satan sells. If it worked for Kiss, then why not them.

Come to think of it, it worked for Marilyn Manson also.
    They are not saying anything about anyone's religion. They are just stating that if you ever had to use your weapon, the "satanic" symbol might come into play during your prosecution.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

I really like Alumagrips, especially the smooth one you've selected. For those of us who crush grip the gun, it's got a nice, cool, hard feel without chewing into your hand.

For your sake, however, I hope you've put those on a range gun. You've seen the response here from a pro-gun crowd. A jury would not be nearly as tolerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    They are not saying anything about anyone's religion. They are just stating that if you ever had to use your weapon, the "satanic" symbol might come into play during your prosecution.
    If I actually had to use my pistol for some reason, I will worry a lot more about other things than a "satanic" symbol on my grips.

I occasonally take Benadryl for my allergies. That is more worriesome to me than my grips. Even Aleve can make people act diferently. My previous professio, my current proession, ec...the list goes on and on.

Thanks for all the carring replies, but I could care less about what a jury would think of my grips.

Actually, religious persecution could be the one thing that gets me a mis-trial.
    Last edited by TerryD; July 11th, 2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added something, and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestone View Post
    For your sake, however, I hope you've put those on a range gun. You've seen the response here from a pro-gun crowd. A jury would not be nearly as tolerating.
    Nope, it is my carry gun. It is the only gun I have.

More Pics!

Took some more pics. Not bad for a camera phone.

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
    If I actually had to use my pistol for some reason, I will worry a lot more about other things than a "satanic" symbol on my grips.

I occasonally take Benadryl for my allergies. That is more worriesome to me than my grips. Even Aleve can make people act diferently. My previous professio, my current proession, ec...the list goes on and on.

Thanks for all the carring replies, but I could care less about what a jury would think of my grips.

Actually, religious persecution could be the one thing that gets me a mis-trial.
    +1

If you are to support the Bill of Rights, you must support the whole thing.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Intentional Flincher View Post
    +1

If you are to support the Bill of Rights, you must support the whole thing.
    Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links