Got me some Aluma Grips.

Got me some Aluma Grips.

This is a discussion on Got me some Aluma Grips. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For my Kimber Ultra Carry 3". They are the slim models, and I have been using them for about a month now. I wanted to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got me some Aluma Grips.

Got me some Aluma Grips.

For my Kimber Ultra Carry 3". They are the slim models, and I have been using them for about a month now. I wanted to give them some time for a fair "review".

I have my pistol on my person whenever I am not at work. So let's just say they have gotten used quite a bit. I have 11 different holsters I use, and they work fine in all of them.

I absolutely love these grips. They are noticebly thinner than stock, or Houge grips, and make carrying concealed much easier, and more comfortable. Plus they didn't affect my shooting a bit.

I purchased them from www.gungrips.net. When I first got the grips, for some reason the screws went in to far, and made getting the magazine out, very difficult.

When I e-mailed them about the problem, I was immediatly called and they tried to figure out what was wrong. Well, after trying a few different things, we decided to try new screws, bushing, and washers.

I recieved them a few days later, and they fixed the problem. Now everything works fine.

I cannot say enough good things about them. They are so customer service oriented, I was taken aback at first. Companies should take CS training from these guys.

Here is a bad pic of the grips. And if the question arises, yes...I am a big Slayer fan. I will get a pic of the grips on the pistol soon.

I wanna try a set but have been to cheap to buy a set since i have never felt them im not sure ..

Post another review after you carry them 6 months or so also would like to know on wear...

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    I wanna try a set but have been to cheap to buy a set since i have never felt them im not sure ..

Post another review after you carry them 6 months or so also would like to know on wear...
    Will do. As I am curious if the "logo" will fade in some way. Be it by wear or solvents/cleaning solutions.

I do really love the feel. Since I have big hands, I never thought I would like slim type grips, but I was wrong.

Ive tried slims in other grips and don't like them but just want to try a pair in general

Also like Alumagrips

I also have a pair of slim Alumagrips on a 3 inch 1911 - a Colt Defender - and like them very much. They feel good against my hand, and the checkering adheres without being sharp.

VIP Member
    While I wouldn't want to defend those in court, they are very, very cool.

Reign in Blood!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

Reign in Blood!
    funny to find a few slayer fans here must admit i have quite a few cds

Reign in Blood!

Um, say what?

Never mind, I get it. You are talking about the etching. I am not sure what it even is so I didn't catch it.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

VIP Member
    Which part?

For the first - I wouldn't want a jury looking at my "Satanic" pistol grips in the aftermath of a shooting...no matter how cool I personally find them.

For the second - Reign in Blood is one of the more well known Slayer albums....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Which part?

For the first - I wouldn't want a jury looking at my "Satanic" pistol grips in the aftermath of a shooting...no matter how cool I personally find them.

For the second - Reign in Blood is one of the more well known Slayer albums....
    Show's you how much I know about Satin and/or Slayer.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Ti you have never seen the satanic symbol put on the grips? or pagan would be a better word

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    Ti you have never seen the satanic symbol put on the grips? or pagan would be a better word
    Yea, I've seen it a bunch of times but didn't look/realize what the symbol really was until after OPFOR posted and I took a better look at them. I knew right away I didn't like them from a glance so I didn't even give it a further look.

Ti

Lead Moderator
    Nice grips, weird choice of etching
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I was hoping this wouldn't derail into a thread about religion.

I guess whenever Slayer/Satan comes up...this is bound to happen.

Kinda reminds me of how Slayer started. They were going nowhere until they decided to try on the whole Satanic thing. Let's just say Satan sells. If it worked for Kiss, then why not them.

Come to think of it, it worked for Marilyn Manson also.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Nice grips, weird choice of etching
    Guess I finally have something to put in my sig.

Thanks Rocky!
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links