Stoeger Cougar- Opinions?

This is a discussion on Stoeger Cougar- Opinions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been torn between an EAA Witness: http://www.eaacorp.com/handguns-witn...l-Full-EI.html and the Stoeger Cougar http://www.stoegerindustries.com/fir...cougar8000.tpl I decided on the Cougar because of the Beretta connection and availability ...

Thread: Stoeger Cougar- Opinions?

I've been torn between an EAA Witness:

http://www.eaacorp.com/handguns-witn...l-Full-EI.html

and the Stoeger Cougar

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/fir...cougar8000.tpl

I decided on the Cougar because of the Beretta connection and availability of holsters/accessories. The final decision came when I was able to handle a 9mm version. It was very well made, and fit perfectly. I have enough 9's though, so I ordered the .40.

Has anyone had any experience with the Cougar? I know about the history (pedigree), and the rotating barrel, but haven't fired a pistol made like this.

Pros/cons?

I like the Stoeger also and it is soft shooting gun because of the rotating barrel. Beretta like the rotating design so well they put it into the Storm PX4. Enjoy your new 40 Stoeger.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I own the .40 version. Fit my medium size hands nicely, recoil was very manageable, and shot well. for the price, you can't beat what you get in terms of quality and functionality. the only con that I can say is that the original Beretta 11 rounds mags that I bought does not freely drop from the stoeger; from what I read the original and stoeger cougar parts were pretty interchangeable but not so in the magazine fit department. I would appreciate any input to make this work though.

I am very happy with the pistol though. it was good purchase. enjoy it.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

I have the 9mm Cougar. It is the Shortened grip one that is about the size of a Glock 26 size. I have some full size mags that I use the sleeve on and it gives it a full grip. Great shooting little gun, and recoil is non-existant due to its rotating bbl, and being a 9mm. It also has night sights. I held a Stoger version the other day and could not believe the craftsmanship and quality, for the price tag. It was a 40 cal for $379, new. I gave almost twice as much for my Beretta labeled one 3 years ago. From what I have heard, if you maybe spray the Beretta mags with a teflon or remoil, they may work loose to eventually start dropping free. Mine have begain to buldge due to being fully loaded all the time. You may be experiencing the same thing.
    ...and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw............RUSH
    www.okshooters.com

Sponsored Links