mauser M2

This is a discussion on mauser M2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody know anything about these and why there so expensive? my body wants to sell me one NIB for $300 it is the .40...

Thread: mauser M2

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

mauser M2

Anybody know anything about these and why there so expensive?

my body wants to sell me one NIB for $300 it is the .40
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Anybody know anything about these and why there so expensive?

my body wants to sell me one NIB for $300 it is the .40

You consider $300 expensive for this gun? Usually they sell for $400 or more.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    You consider $300 expensive for this gun? Usually they sell for $400 or more.
    No my question is why does the gun have a sticker price for $799.00 orginially. This gun was purchased for $799 about 6 months ago.

My question is with the modern day competition in handguns Glock for example costing sometimes $400 and your getting a very good product, or S/A loaded 1911 for I've seen them for as cheap as $750 very good product or a HK USP for $700 very good product, Beretta 92 or 90-two5-6 very good product. What makes the price of this gun $800. I mean does it due your taxes? Or is like a P7 its got some special niche to fill that other guns don't have? It looks like it has the rotating barrel that a cougar has but does it have some special feature I'm missing. Like 0 recoil, or extremely short reset, or I don't know something. In the little reasearch i've done I've heard somethign about swapping out the barrells. I don't mean going from a .40 to .357 barrell I mean I've heard somebody say going from a 9mm, 10mm, .40. 45 is very simple with this gun. I'm just trying to figure out what was ment by this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

your buddy did not get a very good deal if he purchased it for 800 bucks, I have not seen one for sale in a few years but I have never seen one sell for more than 425.

Am I missing something?

You said that your friend bought a Mauser M2 for $799 6 months ago. Now he wants to sell it NIB (I guess he never fired it) for $300? And these guns normally sell new between $400 and $450, based on what I have seen. Am I missing something?

Why did your friend pay $799, which is almost twice what these are worth? And why does he now want to sell it unfired for $300, which is less than it is worth?

Links