Kahr CW40 opinions or better options?

This is a discussion on Kahr CW40 opinions or better options? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't care for .40s either. I find the recoil too "fast." IMHO, it limits how quick one can fire follow-up shots. As to the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr CW40 opinions or better options?

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I don't care for .40s either. I find the recoil too "fast." IMHO, it limits how quick one can fire follow-up shots.

As to the CW's sights. I believe the CW is the low-end/cost-cutter Kahr. They're nice, but they did things to save money. The sights aren't dovetailed & their barrels aren't the polygonal type. Of course, for some, that might not be a problem if you like/want to shoot lead bullets through your gun.

Personally, I really like my PM9 & am VERY happy with it. No problems firing +Ps through it & I don't think the recoil is bad at all. I'll admit, though, that when I shoot it, I usually use the extended mag so I can get a full grip on it.

Now that my P-32 is in, I probably won't be pocket carrying the PM9 much. I prefer to carry it IWB/appendix. When I carry it that way, there's no problem concealling it with the extended mag in. In fact, with the tuckable Fist holster I just got, carrying it with the shirt tucked is not a problem at all.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

2. Remove Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links