Need A "Boot" gun!

Need A "Boot" gun!

This is a discussion on Need A "Boot" gun! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well here's the story. I cannot find a comfortable way to carry a firearm on any of my crotch rockets. I almost always wear full ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need A "Boot" gun!

Well here's the story. I cannot find a comfortable way to carry a firearm on any of my crotch rockets. I almost always wear full leathers while I ride. I've tried a Compact .45, single stack 9mm, a snubbie, and even a 1911. The gun seems to shift around and poke me while I'm riding. And they clunk and print against my tank if in a pocket. I can't do small of the back b/c it exposes while I ride and can't do a shoulder holster cause I'd never be able to get to it. So I'm thinking about making a holster system on/in my boot, and stuffing a 1911 in holster in my tank bag for "on bike", and having the boot gun, for when I'm off the bike.

I'm looking for something around $400-500. Something durable if exposed to weather, and also something I can fit my finger into with a glove on. I'd like something at least .380+, and capacity 5+. If anyone has any other suggestions, please enlighten me, I'm puzzled.

how about a northamerican arms gaurdian?

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    a j-frame should work nicely...but you say that you carry one in your tank bag...don't you take that with you off bike?

VIP Member
    >38 auto or anything that size, find a good boot holster then stuff it with what you like.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    My bike gun, when its to hot is a J-frame in a Renegade ankle rig. Its served me well over the past 15 years and infact several of my riding buddies have gone out, got their licenses and picked up S&W 442's with Renegade ankle rigs to carry, and a Uncle Mikes in the pants (opsite hand) holster to carry in their off side breast jacket pocket during the cooler months that allow jacket wear.

My ONLY issue with the ankle gun was when I was attacked by a dog at a stop sign, stuck in traffic and couldnt move the bike or dump it as my dog was on the back. Couldnt get to my left ankle and had to use my Emerson CQC-7 to end the situation.

Good luck and ride safe bro (oh and keep your front wheel on the road....lol).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    a j-frame should work nicely...but you say that you carry one in your tank bag...don't you take that with you off bike?
    Sorry should of kinda clairified. If I'm riding to go run a bunch of errands sometimes I won't take my firearm, cause it becomes a PITA. I need the tankbag for space and the gun shuffles in there. I usually have my phone, waterbottles, first aid kit, plus whatever I need to transport. I wouldn't be able to get to it very quickly if I needed it, I would be digging around in a bag and getting it out of a holster.

I'd like something a little more accesible, secure, and also attached to me, not my bike, cause what if I'm knocked off my bike and need it.

I too ride a Duc, assuming you do by your avatar.

I keep my gat either in a Shoulder Holster, under my jacket or in the Tank Bag. Personally I wouldn't want anything attatched to my legs in case I go down. 90% of mc injuries are to the lower extremities.

If I'm wearing my nylon gear I will use the SH, if leather then in the Tank Bag it goes. No matter which gear I'm using I also have a J-Frame Airweight in the jacket pocket.

Good luck, Biker

I have a Harley Electra Glide. My EDC is uaually my Kimber Ultra CDP II, but on my bike I prefer my Glock-36 (single stack .45). Because of the single stack, the grip is pretty thin. I have found that either IWB at 4:00...even...5:00 is fairly comfortable. I can get to my weapon quickly, and using 'cruise', I can also easilly get it while moving...

Works for me...

Good luck on you search!

Stay armed...even on a Harley...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    It sounds like you have plenty of gun options, but need to explore carry options. I had a holster sewn into my pressure suit (I ride dirt and dual sport) just below the left chest panel. It works well for me.

I dont ride street bikes although the temptation is great so I dont really understand the needs of the sport bike rider. I would think a gun on your boot would be a little tough to draw while on your bike, and maybe risking losing control.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Have only ridden tour bikes but have used the chap pocket on my leather chaps.

Is it possible to have a thigh pocket of some type sewn or made into your riding leathers???

Lew
    You could try a safepacker. I have one for my 1911 and love it. Wear it on your belt as an "Unholster" or attach it to the top of the tank bag. I have used mine quite a bit and access is very easy and fast when needed.

http://dillonprecision.com/template/...8&min=0&dyn=1&
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

I don't know what kind of jacket you wear, so this may not apply, but I usually use the internal faceshield pocket. My j frame fits nicely at the 3 o clock position inside a pocket holster in that pocket.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Since it's for a specific need & not necessarily your EDC, maybe a Kel-Tec P-32 or P-3AT would work in a back pocket. You're usually leaning forward on a sport bike & should be able to get to it in your strong side rear pocket.

Just an idea. Depending on the jacket you use, a small, light gun like that can fit in an inside the jacket pocket (If you have one).
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

What I have done is use a Smartcarry holster with a .380 or now a S&W 642 (but not on a crotch-rocket). I've also slipped the PPK/S .380 into the top of my left boot, an ankle holster would probably be better that the "Mexican carry" in the boot.

We just had a guy last week on the news, riding sport bikes with some friends, at night doing a wheelie at 65 mph crash and burn, dead, kaput, assumed-room-temperature. I like to zip too but not on one wheel. Please, keep it on the road.

Boy the bad reputation sport bike riders get from a couple of retards.
    Kinda like the Yuppie reputation that befalling the H-D world.

Anywho,...I think that I will have a holster sewn into the bottom of my main riding jacket for a snubbie. I need something with a retention strap. I was thinking strongside at about 4 o clock and have the holster mounted parallel to the ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links