XD 9 SC vs. Glock 26

This is a discussion on XD 9 SC vs. Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by skystud1 I can't agree with you more. I believe the XD is a gimmick that attracts newer shooters or occasional shooters. I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XD 9 SC vs. Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by skystud1 View Post
    I can't agree with you more. I believe the XD is a gimmick that attracts newer shooters or occasional shooters. I think its features are silly, but if it makes someone comfortable that doesn't have tons of shooting experience...I guess it is worth it. People won't carry a gun that makes them nervous.
    My wife takes some issue with this statement Skystud (interesting name by the way....)
    She carries and shoots her XD .40sc, carries it everyday in fact, and she is not a new shooter, inexperienced, nor an occasional shooter.She has a TON of shooting experience and for her, the XD was what fit her hand the best and works for her in a variety of ways.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    My wife takes some issue with this statement Skystud (interesting name by the way....)
    She carries and shoots her XD .40sc, carries it everyday in fact, and she is not a new shooter, inexperienced, nor an occasional shooter.She has a TON of shooting experience and for her, the XD was what fit her hand the best and works for her in a variety of ways.
    Yeah that too. It just works better for me. I can't hit nothin with a glock without the sights. Takes me longer to make the shots with the glock too. The XD puts 'em where I point.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Honestly, if you are picking between those two guns, shoot and handle both and go with the one that fits your hand best and that you shoot best.
    +1

It's all about grip angle (Glock), fitting your hand, and the way that it shoots. All subjective. I went to the range and fired both the G26 & XD9sc head-to-head, and quite frankly, was predisposed toward the Glock going into the test. After firing them both, surprisingly, I was sold on the XD.

(700th post!)
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

I've got a G23 and a XD9SC, I shoot the xd better, but the g23 conceals better. I have Comp-tac infidel holsters for both and the xd always prints while the G23 disappears.

I shoot a Mil Pro pt-140. I have shot both the glock and the XD. Don't listen to all the hype buy the gun that you are the most comfortable with. You will practice more with a gun you like than with a gun someone talked you into
    Where all men think alike few men think at all

I wrote that half asleep. I just meant the features aren't "needed" but if it makes you more comfortable, than go for it.. Each gun does have its own grip angle too. Like buying a car...one might have more features but it all comes down to taste and feel. Sorry, maam...

I've owned glocks all my life and I must say the G-26 I own now is A great CCW gun, You can put A&G grip extenders on A 15 shot Mag to make it the same size grip as the G-19 or keep simple and small with the 26 ten shot mags. Thats my .02 worth of info for you.
    Good luck.

Keep Glock'en

I shoot a G26 and my shooting buddy shoots an XD9sc. While I do not own both I have shot both side by side at the same targets in the same situations. To say one is better than the other is not possible. Differant yes but not better.

There is a definate differance in grip angle. The XD seems to hold more like a 1911 style pistol in my opinion and may explain some of the popularity of this pistol. The Glock is a bit differant than anything you have held before. The angle is differant and the barrel sets low however it shoots very well after a bit of practice.

The trigger pull is differant as well. Some claim the XD trigger is better and that might be for a new shooter but after being used to my Glock trigger I could not rate it as better, only differant.

The addition of the grip safety on the XD is simply a ploy to attract 1911 shooters over to the tupperware in my opinion. If you feel comfortable with it great, otherwise its just not needed.

Both the Glock and the XD have loaded chamber indicators. I do not see the need for this as I was taught to always do a press check before holstering the gun. But if you need a quick referance than you can do it on both guns. If you are right handed the Glock indicator is right about where your finger should be out of the trigger guard and very handy to feel. The XD is not in as handy a location. If you are a lefty than neither are very handy.

As for the little indicator on the back showing if its cocked or not........Why? If its got a round down its ready to go.

The XD does have a nice package as it comes with the short magazine and then the extended grip magazine for the second one. Glock does not do that but remember you can get +0, +1, +2, +3 mag extensions for the Glock at very little cost. For that matter you could just use a 15 round G19 mag or a 17 round G17 mag or even a 30+ round G18 mag if you want to.

If magazines, holsters, sights, or any other after market parts, pieces or gadgets are an issue than the Glock shines here as every little gun dealer in the country has Glock stuff on the shelf. However the XD gear is starting to pop up more and more.

A few final comments, both are great guns and now have a similar type finish so they should wear forever. Both are very dependable although the Glock has to have the edge simply because it has had 20 years of service to back it up. Either way you go I think you will have a fine carry gun.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

EW3
    I have an XD9 Service model , so I'm a little biased.

I rented a G26 recently to see what the big deal with Glocks were, and to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. It felt like a brick in my hand,plus I hated the sights and how it shot. I know the XD SC is virtually the same dimensions as the G26, but it just "feels" better to me in my hand. I looked at both side by side recently, and am thinking of adding the subcompact to my collection.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Man, this is what makes America great!! we all have opinions and we can say them!. All kidding aside people just have different tastes I am a Glock guy but I tried out the XD and they are good shooters but for me they just don't feel right in my hand and I don't see a real need for the grip safety but some folks must like it or it wouldn't sell. My every day carry gun is a Glock 19 stuffed with gold dots but since the weather has gotten so hot and muggy I have been just wearing cut off jeans and a loose shirt so the Glock 26 gets stuck in the pocket
    quite a bit so which ever one you like just remember practice with it and carry IT!

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    I looked at both side by side recently, and am thinking of adding the subcompact to my collection.
    I shoot a 19 and a 26. Glock or XD I think the Sub Compact makes a great addition to your carry line up.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

My 2c glock 26 is tougher to manipulate 4 me and I can't shoot it well. But the XD-sc is a winner for me and I get great groups also there are laser max products and crimson trace will come out soon. As well as grip reduction services for both guns. I plan on getting an XD sc as soon as funds permit then tricking it out.

For me hands down the XD. When I point it at a target, I'm not looking at the top of the slide.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

I tried the XD9 Service and the G19.

I went into the store "looking for a Glock" with my only pistol experience being the M9 in the military. I picked up the Glock, then I picked up the XD.

The XD just fit better.

Since then I have fired a M&P... and I got to say, WOW! I loved it, and fired my first 5 rounds into a 3 inch circle at 25 feet. That's a good group for me with the XD, even after 1000 rounds with the thing.

My next pistol is the M&P for sure.

(Note that I live in Maryland and have zero chance for a CCW permit so the concealability does not currently play a roll in my decision process)

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    So, fhein, what did you end up getting or have you decided yet?

I'd prefer the Glock. They've been around longer. I like the fact that Glock mags (For the same caliber) are interchangable. However, I also like the XDs coming with a flush mounted mag & an extended one. The Glock, I believe, is SLIGHTLY narrower, but not by much.

Personally, I like Glock & XDs compacts & if I wanted a sub-compact, get a Kahr. Oh wait, I did do that. I have a G-19 & a PM9. They're a great combination.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links