FN Five-seven - Page 2

FN Five-seven

This is a discussion on FN Five-seven within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks highly overrated. Ballistics between the .22 WMRF and the .22 Hornet, but closer to the .22 mag than it is the Hornet....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN Five-seven

Looks highly overrated. Ballistics between the .22 WMRF and the .22 Hornet, but closer to the .22 mag than it is the Hornet.

i love mine. it's my main carry.

however, it does not have the same energy as an AR 15 as someone told you. in general, no pistol will have the same energy as a rifle. even the PS90 (the carbine user of this round) doesn't have it's energy.

however, they are light, accurate, low recoil, and have very high capacities comparatively.

if you use the latest, most powerful production civilian ammo that's legal (SS197), you'll still see 10-12" of penetration with yaw.

if you reload, you can get them back up to the original SS190 energy levels (armor piercing even in ball form).

folks will argue that it sucks and that the permanent wound cavity isn't large enough.

i sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Oh, and as for the FiveseveN, it is a full sized pistol that is rather thick and blocky. And the magazines are larger than almost any other calibre that one might carry. At least to me anyways.
    the weapon itself is very thin in width, which makes it nice to carry. i'm assuming you mean it's thick on the handle front to aft...and it is. if you don't have large hands, chances are you won't like it. however, if you do, chances are it will feel better than most any other weapon you've had in your hands. here's a pic that shows size comparison to my Glock 21SF...

War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    the weapon itself is very thin in width, which makes it nice to carry. i'm assuming you mean it's thick on the handle front to aft...and it is. if you don't have large hands, chances are you won't like it. however, if you do, chances are it will feel better than most any other weapon you've had in your hands. here's a pic that shows size comparison to my Glock 21SF...

I remember you were involved in a shooting. Were these some of the weapons stolen? If so I would have been really pist.
    To close for missiles, switching to guns.

no. i only had 3 guns then, and he got 2 of them (glock 22 and a taurus mil pro 745C) temporarily.

that incident renewed my interest in firearms. i now have 5 handguns, 2 rifles, and 2 shotguns. last one i got was 2 days ago (kel-tech PF9 pocket gun). somehow they just keep multiplying.

p.s. uh, i mean i used to have that many...before the mysterious boating accident.

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    no. i only had 3 guns then, and he got 2 of them (glock 22 and a taurus mil pro 745C) temporarily.

that incident renewed my interest in firearms. i now have 5 handguns, 2 rifles, and 2 shotguns. last one i got was 2 days ago (kel-tech PF9 pocket gun). somehow they just keep multiplying.

p.s. uh, i mean i used to have that many...before the mysterious boating accident.
    Wow I not coming over your house at 3 am. I also carry a Keltec 3AT with a laser. My AR 15 and 357 mag comes with me for camping. Also I noticed you got a security system very good. You have a pm.
    To close for missiles, switching to guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links