Beretta PX4 Storm

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4 Storm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife saw the picture of a Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact on the cover of my August edition of Guns & Ammo and really liked ...

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm

Beretta PX4 Storm

My wife saw the picture of a Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact on the cover of my August edition of Guns & Ammo and really liked the looks of it, she even read the article.

She does have a CCW and carries a Kahr P9 which she shoots well. I suggested that if she likes the Storm and thought she might want one to stop by a local gun store and check it out. The subcompact is very new, the local store hasen't got one in yet.

Does anyone out there have any experience with the Storm line of Beretta handguns (fullsize or compact)?

2. Remove Ads

I have a full size Px4 in 9mm that's been a great handgun.

The only thing that sucks about it is the finish, but that could be a lot better now. I bought one of the first ones that came out.

Totally reliable though, have over 6000 or so rounds through mine with no problems whatsoever.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

My friend has a PX4 storm "fullsize" & it shoots good but he cant buy anything for it yet & hes had it quite awhile. Fobus is finaly making a tactical holster for it now, though you can only pre-order it now, they dont have them out quite yet. NO kind of any carry holsters that he or i know of yet at all. If you find a good carry holster please let me know as jeremy is getting quite upset.

Bladetech makes holsters for the Px4. I have an IWB concealment holster for mine. I believe high noon does as well if you prefer leather.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by packin_glock View Post
    My friend has a PX4 storm "fullsize" & it shoots good but he cant buy anything for it yet & hes had it quite awhile. Fobus is finaly making a tactical holster for it now, though you can only pre-order it now, they dont have them out quite yet. NO kind of any carry holsters that he or i know of yet at all. If you find a good carry holster please let me know as jeremy is getting quite upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Bladetech makes holsters for the Px4. I have an IWB concealment holster for mine. I believe high noon does as well if you prefer leather.
    Highnoon makes them but they take awhile. I guess that's the price of good products and good cusomer service - long waiting list. I got their Slideguard last summer for my PX4 9mm and it took about 4 months. Great holster, though.

Great gun, too. I'm not sure what is meant by the finish not being great, but I'm kind of new to guns. 100% reliable except for a couple of limpwristings at the beginning. I had just gotten my CHL and my first handgun.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

I have a PX4 in 9MM .I love this gun and I use it as a carry piece now and then.There are quite a few places which make holsters for this gun now .Just need to do a search.merlin45kout

I have a fullsize PX4 in 40. comp-tac has holsters for it (I have the CTAC). Also, our member Kevin, of http://www.kdholsters.com/ has a mold for the PX4. I have the IWB cochise defender for the PX4.

So, CCW holsters are available for the fullsize.

Finish absolutely is horrid. Mine is getting refinished at CCR. That should take care of the issue I have with the gun.

If she is used to a Kahr (point and shoot), she might not like the PX4 DA/SA. Model F (Decocker and safety), Model G (decocker only), model D (DAO) and model C (constant action). D is only being released to LEO now.

Also, the decocker is on the slide and sticks out. Might be uncomfortable for her while CCW'ing. Plus the decocker might be hard to reach w/ the thumb if she has smaller hands.

I have no experence w/ them but Canada just signed a contract to arm (I think the RCMP) w/ them.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    Plus the decocker might be hard to reach w/ the thumb if she has smaller hands.
    Yeah, I'd recommend just carrying it with the safety off anyway. The DA trigger pull on the first shot is long enough to be alright in a good holster. It's how I carry mine when I do carry it.

Someone at TRP did a detailed review of one PX4 review

They are on my list of things to tryout.

Links