Mauser M2?

This is a discussion on Mauser M2? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any of you SIG guys able to comment on this? I overheard this mentioned and had to check it out. http://sigarms.com/products/mauser.asp http://sigarms.com/products/mauser-m...?product_id=50 The only thing ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Mauser M2?

Mauser M2?

Any of you SIG guys able to comment on this? I overheard this mentioned and had to check it out.

http://sigarms.com/products/mauser.asp

http://sigarms.com/products/mauser-m...?product_id=50

The only thing I don't like about it right off the bat is that I loathe magazine disconnect safeties, but let's face it in ten years we'll all be firing guns with said feature. But that little tidbit aside it is interesting... if it's any good. Or significantly less expensive than a factory certified pre owned SIG.

2. Remove Ads

Something I'd be concerned about is the availability of the gun in the future. Sig is going dealer direct (no more wholesalers), and I can virtually guarantee nobody is going to carry the M2s. Parts and mags etc. in the future are going to be a real issue.

CPO Sigs run under $400 from CDNN and they're in Texas. Drive on out and buy yourself one. I'd much rather tell someone to get a 220 than a M2.

In this case, Sig is just the distributor. It's Mauser's gun, and the last wildly successful Mauser autopistol was the broomhandle.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

I agree i would avoid it and go with a sig if i was right handed since im left handed i would buy either...

VIP Member
    The manual safety, which is at the back of the frame right under the slide, is so contrary to any manual of arms I'm used to, I didn't like the pistol. I did, however, know of a guy who used to carry one and practiced enough to get used to the odd safety, and liked it.

My hands are small, and to me the placement of the safety seemed unergonomic, a problem for a carry pistol that needs to drawn and made ready swiftly.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Oh I have no plans to buy one. It's a weird design I wouldn't want to own.

Every once in a while I hear about something and just have to know.

By the way, does CDNN have an actual brick and mortar open to the public store? I'd like to see that. My understanding was they do have a warehouse but it's for FFL customers only.

Thumbs down

Guys
    I saw one yesterday at a Dealer friend I frequent. I took a reall good look at it, feels just like a Sig, BUT, if you look at that "safety selector" in the rear of the slide, it's a real bad idea. Personally, I would NOT want anything like that on the rear of my weapon. Looks to me like a PC weapon, and Mauser/Sig's attempt to satisfy the Anti's
    I'd stay away from it
    Just my nickel's worth

FYI, I just received the dealer direct price list for Sig. Obviously I can't disclose it, but the M2 is not on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    By the way, does CDNN have an actual brick and mortar open to the public store? I'd like to see that. My understanding was they do have a warehouse but it's for FFL customers only.
    I don't know if they have one open to the public or not - but you can find a dealer that will let you order in.

I've had generally very, very good luck with the company and its products, and when issues have arisen, they've taken care of them quite well.

That's the reason I've never considered getting something from CDNN before. My local FFLs charge the typical $30 transfer fee, plus shipping a gun costs $25-35 or so usually. So by the time I tack on that $50 or so in overhead costs their low prices aren't as attractive.

Still, since we're talking about SIG, if I ever want a used SIG, they still have a really decent price even after that. I've learned to expect to pay extra to get what I actually want, and if I wanted a new SIG I'd have to pay Davidson's prices. I just wish they'd get in some of the other SIG models. I LIKE the 220 and 226 but I don't want one at the moment. Not like it's a big deal as I just bought a gun but any hoo.

There is a place here that gets in some of the CPO Sigs but they charge a premium even at that, and I'd rather give the business to people I know who have helped me out with stuff before.

CDNN charges about $10 for a single handgun if I recall from my invoices.

I actually like the Mauser M2 and I am seriously considering getting one when I have some fun money to blow. The safety doesn't bother me, since I never use them anyway, but I can see why it turns off so many people. For $325, you can't go wrong though. You get Sig reliability for a cheap price. And the next cheapest Sig .45ACP is the 220/245 and they are roughly $650.
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

SiG-Mauser M2

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean View Post
    Any of you SIG guys able to comment on this? I overheard this mentioned and had to check it out.

SIG SAUER

SIG SAUER

The only thing I don't like about it right off the bat is that I loathe magazine disconnect safeties, but let's face it in ten years we'll all be firing guns with said feature. But that little tidbit aside it is interesting... if it's any good. Or significantly less expensive than a factory certified pre owned SIG.
    Pistol is bulky and hard to conceal. It was developed for police/military use where concealment is not necessary. I have a 40SW in the M2 - great pistol, too many parts and I use it as my 'truck gun'.

Nine year old thread...
    sonnycrocket likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links