HK P2000 vs SIG 239

This is a discussion on HK P2000 vs SIG 239 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK. Posted a thread a while ago asking about 239, P2000(sk), XD and M&P. Went to gun shop and fondled all of them. It is ...

Thread: HK P2000 vs SIG 239

Question HK P2000 vs SIG 239

OK. Posted a thread a while ago asking about 239, P2000(sk), XD and M&P.

Went to gun shop and fondled all of them.

It is now down to the HK P2000 (unsure if I want regular size or SK) or SIG 239.

Also unsure of 9mm vs 40. Think I'm leaning with 9mm just for slight ammo cost advantage.

I was not impressed by the M&P. It felt - I dunno. Very "tinny" and "hollow" compared to the HK and of course, SIG. I held a compact 40 and full size 45. To *me* there is no comparison between the HK and M&P. Of course, there's a huge price difference as well.

The XD. Eh. Dunno. I loved them when I first held them a year ago. Now they just feel/look a bit top heavy and blocky.

Keep in mind I have tiny girl like hands...

A gun I was very impressed with was the Berreta PX4 Storm. Man, wasn't expecting it to feel as solid as it was. Felt great. Too bad the sub compact isn't out right now.

I actually held the HK P2000 first. Felt right instantly. And that was with the medium backstrap. With small it would be even better!

The 239 with hogue grip would feel darn nice too. There are some really nice LNIB used examples on various boards and gunbroker right now.

I'm leaning towards the HK P2000 SK as of now though. It's lighter and as I understand it, I can use the full size mags from the 2000 if I wanted with an X-grip thingie and basically, it becomes a P2000.

I can *just* get my pinky squished while holding the 2000SK. Feels very solid, tight, controllable.

Unless there's some solid feeback for the SIG, I'm leaning to the HK P2000SK pretty heavily. I can get some very nice 239's for $500-$625 though. And they are very nice guns.

Whaddya say people?

2. Remove Ads

I don't own either one of these but I have looked at them. This is an easy choice. Get the one you like better. You just can't go wrong with either one.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I just decided on the HK P2000SK. It's just right in my hands. :)

Congrats...

on your decision...but...you know you're going to end up with both of them anyway...should have tried to get a 'twofer' price...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Did you check out the Kahr K9? Very comfortable in small hands and the weight of the steel frame makes it easy to shoot. Plus great quality, feel, and reliability.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

VIP Member
    I think you should probably buy both and then you can send me the one you don't like!

Seriously, you can't go wrong with either gun and it sounds like you'll really enjoy shooting the HK!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I own a P239 in 9mm and I can tell you honestly, I think you made the right decision.

Don't get me wrong, I love my SIG but, I held and shot a P2000Sk a few months ago and I really want one now too. It does feel soooo good in the hand and it really does feel solid.

I doubt you will be disappointed with your choice. Please, post a range report after you take 'er out for the first time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

New Member Array Street_Salvation's Avatar

Thumbs up 1+ P2000 v3 40cal

I bought a p2000v3 40cal a week and a half ago and I cannot get over it. I was wanting a HK for some time but there is no one in town to rent from (or within a great distance). So, I did the unmentionable I bought the p2000 from CDNN with never even holding one. Now before anybody blows up, lol, I spent many nights reading about HKs and the P2000 so I felt like I was making an educated buy. I do not want another! This fits like a glove! Changed the backstrap to the large and it fits even nicer! Shot 300 rounds threw it in two days. I am not very accurate, but the gun was so easy to shoot and felt natural. +1 p2000 v3 40cal.
    Street

Edit: Ok I would like another HK or handgun, just it will not replace this one!
    Saved To Live, Live To Serve!...><>

Sig Sig Sig!

Always go for the SIG! Of course, that is a completely biased opinion.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

I'm biased also toward the Sig. I've got a P239 .40S&W, that I ostensibly bought for my wife...she doesn't like it. So now, it's mine, ALLL MIIINE!!!

It is laser beam accurate. Any second thoughts I had about having only 7 rounds were offset by the knowledge that this pistol will shoot exactly where I aim. It is infinitely more accurate than I am.

All that being said, pick the pistol you are most comfortable with and the one that you will take to the range more often and enjoy shooting the most. HK makes a good pistol, I'm just a bit biased.

I for one don't think anyone would or could go wrong with a CPO P239. It's a great deal and you're basically getting a new Sig, with warranty, for a few hundred dollars less than a NIB model.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawker45 View Post
    I'm biased also toward the Sig. I've got a P239 .40S&W, that I ostensibly bought for my wife...she doesn't like it. So now, it's mine, ALLL MIIINE!!!

It is laser beam accurate. Any second thoughts I had about having only 7 rounds were offset by the knowledge that this pistol will shoot exactly where I aim. It is infinitely more accurate than I am.

All that being said, pick the pistol you are most comfortable with and the one that you will take to the range more often and enjoy shooting the most. HK makes a good pistol, I'm just a bit biased.

I for one don't think anyone would or could go wrong with a CPO P239. It's a great deal and you're basically getting a new Sig, with warranty, for a few hundred dollars less than a NIB model.
    The CPO Sigs only have a 1 yr warranty, the new ones have a lifetime.

I like my P239 for concealability, I almost wish I bought a 229, almost. It's accurate, feels good, and all that jazz, but I still wish I had 12+1 instead of 7+1
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool Hk P2000sk

Quote Originally Posted by Dean407 View Post
    I just decided on the HK P2000SK. It's just right in my hands. :)

You can't go wrong with an HK. I have a few of them, including a P2000Sk SA/DA, but my favorite is the P7.
    So, are you going with the LEM or the SA/DA?

I think LEM.

my sig 239 is extremely accurate even at 25yds, of course i would like to have an HK also.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.Ē
    ― Thomas Paine

Of the two you made the right choice. You will be very happy with the P2000SK.

Links