Sarsilmaz pistols at Academy

This is a discussion on Sarsilmaz pistols at Academy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone tried or seen one of the new "House Brand" pistols sold by Academy Sports? They are made by a company in Turkey called ...

Thread: Sarsilmaz pistols at Academy

Sarsilmaz pistols at Academy

Has anyone tried or seen one of the new "House Brand" pistols sold by Academy Sports? They are made by a company in Turkey called Sarsilmaz, and are based on the CZ-75. They seem to be well made, and were reasonably priced ~ $360/$410 depending on model. I saw them at our local store last week and they seem like a good value for a decent gun. I considered buying one just to check it out, but $400 isn't exactly pocket money and I just bought a Browning Buck Mark last month.

As an fairly unknown company here in the US, I wonder if it's better to stick with a "real" CZ (which I already own several of) until they have a track record or to jump in on the ground floor.

Here is a link to their web site if anyone want to look at the company and some of their products. http://www.sarsilmaz.com/eng
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

2. Remove Ads

That sure sounds like the AR-24,25 made for Armalite made in Turkey, I haven't seen one for sale yet in my area yet.
    [ SIZE="3"][/SIZE] I was a Soldier; I am a Soldier; I will always be a Soldier!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    That sure sounds like the AR-24,25 made for Armalite made in Turkey, I haven't seen one for sale yet in my area yet.
    Now that you mention it, Sarsilmaz does make the new AR pistols. I saw something about it when I was doing a web search for the company. In fact, here is a quote from an article in AMERICAN RIFLEMAN about the AR pistols...

"The AR-24 is a full-size defensive sidearm with a 4.67" barrel and a 15-round, double-column magazine. The AR-24K is a compact version with a shorter 3.8" barrel. The abbreviated grip frame accommodates a 13-round, double-column magazine. Sarsilmaz, a Turkish firm with a 120-year history of building sporting and military firearms, makes both guns for ArmaLite... The gun’s appearance would be inspired by the elegant but expensive French M1935A designed by Charles Petter. In form and function, the AR-24 fits between the Sig P210 and the CZ-75... it made sense to build the AR-24 on a CZ-75-style frame because CZ-75s use a system of operation that is directly derived from the Sig P210, which is itself similar to that of the M1911 in that it is a tilt-barrel design with lugs on top of the barrel that are cammed into corresponding recesses in the top of the slide as the action locks into battery."
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Administrator
    Hummm...where did I read it and see the pics of this one firearm manufacturing facility in Turkey?
    I don't remember but, I DO remember that the equipment was top~notch (as in very MODERN) and the reported quality of the finished product was great.

There was a segment on one of the outdoor channels showing the Turkish factories where some of the Beretta group firearms were manufactured

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    well, sarsilmaz makes shotguns that are not so great, based on my limited experience with an over/under gun. but of course two barreled shotguns are quite difficult to make well, probably much more difficult than semi auto pistols. and i also saw the ar24 featured in a gun mag, and the writer liked it very much. i knew it was turkish, but didn't know it was sarsilmaz. there is no inherent reason the gun couldn't be a great bargain.
    i would just look for more info.
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

The Cougar is also made in Turkey now too... both of them the wife & I have looked at seemed to be pretty nice.

I have a gun encyclopedia and they show some of these with polymer frames a la' GLOCK in white, red, blue, and yellow with black slides!

Links