Walther PPS Pistol

Walther PPS Pistol

This is a discussion on Walther PPS Pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am eagerly awaiting the release of this pistol. Anybody have any news on ship dates or reviews of this little CC pistol?...

Thread: Walther PPS Pistol

Walther PPS Pistol

I am eagerly awaiting the release of this pistol. Anybody have any news on ship dates or reviews of this little CC pistol?
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Looking forward to these myself.
    I talked to my local dealer and they claimed they may show up in early August. I don't know if they were sure or were simply throwing out a random date at me.

Haven't found any reviews either.

I will be sure to post if I find anything out.

Did find this little tidbit, doesn't really say much though
    http://www.gunblast.com/SW-FactoryVisit.htm

Anyway, after a long day at the factory, we were again fed like royalty and sent to bed tired and full. The next day was a day at the S&W shooting range. We got to shoot several revolvers and auto pistols. Especially popular with Messrs. James, Thompson, and myself were the M&P .45 auto pistols and the Walther PPS. I was impressed by the accuracy and shooting qualities of both of these pistols. I also really liked shooting the lightweight 386 ScS seven-shot .357 magnum revolver. It was very accurate as well as a fun-to-shoot handgun. Shooting offhand at seven yards, 35 shots clustered most shots into about two inches, then I started to pull the shots out of the group, so I stopped shooting that lightweight .357 magnum. Recoil is a cumulative thing, and the effects were starting to show in my shooting ability. Same thing with the 9mm PPS. It also turned in a very respectable showing on target, grouping 24 shots a bit low and left for me, but tight enough for social work nonetheless. I really like the PPS, and requested a test gun for a full review as soon as possible.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Links