S&W Performance Center & Hand getting rubbed raw? - Page 2

S&W Performance Center & Hand getting rubbed raw?

This is a discussion on S&W Performance Center & Hand getting rubbed raw? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nn My answer is, now that you know it works, just carry it and only shoot it if you have to. Then ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    My answer is, now that you know it works, just carry it and only shoot it if you have to. Then get a heavy enough gun for the ammo you want to shoot. I think you will shoot better and have more fun shooting.
    Having fun is not the most important part to me. Practicing with something that could save my life is.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    Having fun is not the most important part to me. Practicing with something that could save my life is.
    Lets be honest here. *my opinion coming* You don't need to practice on a regular basis with your carry gun. It is there to save your life if need be at close range. Unless you're training with multiple shooting positions and shooting while in motion, then shooting a target from 3 yards isn't going to help you in a clutch situation. Of course, you should shoot it and keep it well maintained, but there's no need to do it on a rugular basis. If you're going to go to the range, get a gun in a similar caliber that's comfortable to shoot and accurate at 15+ yards. Practice with that and you'll have no problem with close range shooting if you ever need to.
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Being new to carrying and new to my 642 and handguns altogether(Just turned 21 in April) I will take all the practice I can get. And even though my hand gets torn up, I do enjoy shooting my new 642 quite a bit. And I understand that I need to practice moving and shooting in different positions, and if I had a range that I could do that on I would. But I don't.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Being new to carrying and new to my 642 and handguns altogether(Just turned 21 in April) I will take all the practice I can get. And even though my hand gets torn up, I do enjoy shooting my new 642 quite a bit. And I understand that I need to practice moving and shooting in different positions, and if I had a range that I could do that on I would. But I don't.
    Most people don't have a range that they can shoot that way in...myself included. That's why there's really no need to practice with the 642. Get good with another .38+p that's comfy to shoot and you'll be all set if you ever have to use the 642. -PA *My 2 Cents, but I'm a retard.
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

BGR

Find a range that has IDPA matches this will give you good practice.

BGR

Look at my cylinder release, this is how I solved the problem of it chewing up my thumb.

Nice. What kind of file did you use?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BGR
    Nice. What kind of file did you use?
    Dremel tool!

If it is the surface nub on the grip that is bothering your hand, you might try taking it down with a dremel tool or sandpaper. You can also polish down the sharp surfaces of the cylinder latch. Looks like some others also had the same suggestion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links