PF9 vs P3AT

This is a discussion on PF9 vs P3AT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pf9 is great for pockit carry for me. Carried it today....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PF9 vs P3AT

Pf9 is great for pockit carry for me. Carried it today.

2. Remove Ads

if you don't mind carrying a gun in a 380cal. then get the P3AT. if you feel the 380 is not enough then get the PF9.
    i was in the same delema before.... i got the LCP and im happy with it. its just so perfect for pocket carry with anything you can wear.
    now i'm planning to get the LC9 for times that im wearing shorts and i can manage to pocket carry it

cmb
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I wouldn't call the KelTec 9mm a pocket gun by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueyedevil View Post
    I have a PF9 and a P32, If you want a dedicated pocket carry gun go with the P3AT. You can stuff the PF-9 into a big pocket, but it's not really a true pocket gun. However it's real comfortable and hides well in an IWB rig. And that would be a much better Primary rig than a .380 in the pocket.
    I agree for me and my pockets... I would pocket carry it if I could, I acutally carry the P32 always, though it is my secondary, you can't beat that flat profile...

I so want a rohrbaugh size pistol which is somewhat affordable... it I am going to put outt over $1000 I ain't comin hom with a small pocket pistol, I am thinking a pretty good somewhat custom Springfield/Kimber 1911; or 3 revolvers, or a full size and compact pistol combo or something at that price point.

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    i have a PF9. if you aren't a big guy, you'll probably want the 3AT. the PF9 will fit in pockets as a pocket gun, but only just, and if your pockets are big.
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

I'm guessing he has already decided which one to go with as the OP is from over four years ago.

I have negative info on the PF9.... I bought one several weeks back. broke it down, cleaned and prepped for the range. With 3 different types of 9mm ammo I figure I am set.

First mag I had FTE/FTF issues on shots 3 and 6. Winchester White Box. Same thing for the next 4 mags.

Switch to Remington.... Same thing except on rounds 3 and 5... 2 mags shot...

Switch to Federal... Same thing at round 4 and 6.... second mag rounds 3 and 6...

Had someone else shoot the gun, same thing happened but in different sequences.....

So I come home and do the KelTec fluff and buff...... Back to range a few days later... Same thing again different sequences....

Email KelTec and the send me a new extractor.... Shoots great for 3-4 mags..... then starts all over....

I am not ready to thro in the towel yet, but several more hundred of painstaking rounds must go thru it w/o and failures....

Never shot a P3AT but, I do have a ruger LCP with over 1500 trouble free rounds thru it and carry on a regular basis as a backup piece....

I kick myself for not buying the LC9....

My M&P9C is my regular CCW, with the LCP as a pocket backup.

Good Luck with whatever you decide but from my results I would stay away from the PF9... I have read several other reviews of this similar to mine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links