Beretta's PX4 Storm

Beretta's PX4 Storm

This is a discussion on Beretta's PX4 Storm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm just looking for information/feedback. Does anyone own one, or have any experience with one? Comments?...

Thread: Beretta's PX4 Storm

VIP Member

Beretta's PX4 Storm

I'm just looking for information/feedback. Does anyone own one, or have any experience with one? Comments?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

yes. You can search on the forum for all PX4 info.

Go to google and enter this into the edit
    px4 site:www.defensivecarry.com

and you will find posts about the PX4, including mine.

Lots of my posts on search, but I can recommend it. It's a good handgun. The only con imo is the finish. It's pretty bad, or at least was in the early runs of the model. Totally reliable though. 6000 + on mine.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Thanks for the info. Actually I did try a search before I posted that thread. Surprisingly I got no hits for some reason. I just tried the search again and there are plenty ???????

I just read about this gun today in August G&A so I knew a few details, I was really hoping to hear something from someone that has owned, carried, and fired one for quite a while. No problem at all though, I'll eventually find my answers by doing more searches
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

You'll run into issues finding custom holsters, but that's about the only other con I can think of. You can't go too wrong with 17+1 rounds of 9mm.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

plastic: comp-tac, leather: K&D

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    ... No problem at all though, I'll eventually find my answers by doing more searches
    Try
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...om&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...om&btnG=Search

or any other gun forum URL that you can think of. More than enough answers and you should see my responses.

In a nutshell: Great reliability, decent trigger (G model), less felt recoil due to rotating barrel, crappy superluminova sights, crappy finish. I have trijicons and am anxiously awaiting my slide back from refinishing.

4 models: G - DA/SA Decocker, F - DA/SA - Decocker and safety, D - DAO, C - Constant Action (competitor to glock, hk LEM, sig DAK).

Also, can get a CX4 that will use the PX4 mags. Nice to be able to share mags with your SD pistol and a pistol caliber carbine. I've shot the CX4 and plan on adding one to my collection.

VIP Member
    Ok, thanks again for the info..........what a great group for help!

Ya'll will have to excuse my ignorance on Beretta's. On one of the previous posts it was mentioned to have 17+1 capacity. I'm thinking uh-oh, the gun I was inquiring about has 13. Apparently they make several PX4 models. Not knowing this, I wasn't specific enough and should have added "subcompact", but I thought that the px4 was the subcompact. From the G&A article, I think this subcompact is relatively new?? Ok, ok, I'm trying to learn

Aside from the technical data, reports, etc, or info I could get from their website, I was hoping to hear from someone who was currently carrying the subcompact as a ccw. Their ctual experience/opinion with it, not website hype. Does it print? Reliability? Comfortable holsters etc.

But that's okay now that I know about the "subcompact" model I can search the forums more specifically.........manhy thanks again.

I haven't seen the subcompact. A main difference about the subcompact is that it does NOT have the rotating barrel like the fullsize PX4 (or the PX4's cousin, the Beretta Cougar). The Cougar is now made by stoeger. I think some older models of the cougar made by Beretta were of smaller size. If you are looking for something smaller in the beretta line, you might search for one of those if the PX4 is not to your liking.

Fullsize PX4 -
    9mm - 17 w/ flush baseplate, 20 with extended mag
    40 - 14 w / flush baseplate, 17 with extended mag
    Same gun, different length magazines.

Not sure of the subcompact's capacity.

Also, the subcompact isn't due out for a couple more months, and since Beretta is usually several months behind schedule on releases like this, you can probably add three or four more to that.

**As you can see from my avatar, I carry the PX4 everyday and I love it. I don't know what everyone is talking about with respect to the finish being bad - mine is fine. Either that or I just don't know better - the PX4 was the first gun I ever bought. However, I have been carrying it for over a year and it still looks brand new except the contact surfaces on the barrel and the inside of the slide. Seems like a pretty durable finish to me.

Just my 2c.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

sailormnop - after a few (less than 100) draws from a kydex holster the finish on slide started coming off in chips. Not just wearing, but chips. Started at the point where the slide meets frame right below the muzzle on both sides. Also, started coming off in other areas of the slide and wearing off in tip of decocker. I think their finish is somehow baked on. I am not the only one who has had problems with the finish.

My slide, barrel and slide release lever just came back yesterday from CCR Refinishing. Wow!!! great refinishing job. I was all set to sell the PX4, now am seriously re-thinking that decision.

all -

To me, the PX4 (with a nice finish) is a real sexy weapon. Pictures just do not do it justice. But sexy doesn't get the job done.

The PX4 is the only handgun (and that includes my glocks except my 19) that I have had absolutely 0 function problems with. So, it has gone bang for me every time. And for that, it is great. Plus, it does tame the 40 recoil. Whether it is the rotating barrel or bore height, I don't care. It does reduce felt recoil.

I'd rather have the constant action model, but it is not available for civilians until October. Not because of the PX4, just because I want to get away from TDA DA/SA guns. I want consistent trigger pull and no decocker/safety on all my guns. But that is just me.

I have to say the PX4 is a sweet shooter. I have had zero problems, my g/f shot up a box if 250 umc 9mm on her first trip to the range and never had a problem.

You guys need to quit....I am about ready to go out and buy one!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

hivoltage - do it. do it. Very nice shooters. I am this close to buying the CX4 that takes the PX4 mags. Nice pistol and pistol caliber carbine combo.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sailormnop View Post
    Also, the subcompact isn't due out for a couple more months, and since Beretta is usually several months behind schedule on releases like this, you can probably add three or four more to that.

**As you can see from my avatar, I carry the PX4 everyday and I love it. I don't know what everyone is talking about with respect to the finish being bad - mine is fine. Either that or I just don't know better - the PX4 was the first gun I ever bought. However, I have been carrying it for over a year and it still looks brand new except the contact surfaces on the barrel and the inside of the slide. Seems like a pretty durable finish to me.

Just my 2c.
    I'm sure you are right, I went to a gunshow yesterday near New Orleans and never saw a subcompact px4 at all. I did buy a Colt Defender.........the only one there

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links