Beretta 9000S & Cougar?

This is a discussion on Beretta 9000S & Cougar? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mean the Cougar in .40 or .45 cal., not the 9mm. Do any of you own one of these? If so, please tell me ...

Thread: Beretta 9000S & Cougar?

Beretta 9000S & Cougar?

I mean the Cougar in .40 or
    .45 cal., not the 9mm.
    Do any of you own one of these?
    If so, please tell me about it.
    TX.

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I had trouble with the controls on the 9000S they were VERY stiff. Never owned one nor shot one, just played with one in the shop, but they definitly need a break in period. Before buying anygun look at the accessories and parts. Yeah the gun maybe pretty inexpensive but how much are the MAGS? I ran into a guy who got a 300 gun, but the mags were like 50 bucks. It was a cheaper gun, but when you only get 1 mag with it your going to spend an additional 100-150 on mags. Not to mention holsters maybe harder to find. There is a lot of good deals out right now, that if you buy certain guns you get a lot of extras. Smith comes to mind, Springfield is really good on CS.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I have a 9000s, and love it, it's been my EDC for a couple months. The downsides I have found with it are that it is a little thick, and the saftey is a little awkward. But it is a DA/SA, so I usually dont have the saftey clicked. It is very accurate for its size. I carry mine OWB in a Bianchi minimalist.

It is the easiest gun on the market to field strip. Some people seem to complain about this, but they never read the instruction manual. If you push the lever from the other side as you twist, it breaks right down.

As far as the mags go, if you get the 9mm, any Beretta 92/M9 mag will work, they make a special adapter to lengthen the grip, so you can carry either the 12 round(supplied) , or the 15 round with extension.

Holster wise, any kind of pancake slide holster made for the 92/M9 will work. I think the Fobus one works too, but unsure. You are a little limited on IWB ones, unless you have them custom made, or you could go with a generic one. I believe it is the most underated medium frame gun out there, I paid around $350 OTD, and have never had a single malfunction in 1000+ rounds.

Links