Refurbished SIGS?

Refurbished SIGS?

This is a discussion on Refurbished SIGS? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know SIG has that "used" program where they clean up used guns for resale. Has anyone bought one of these. Are they worth the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refurbished SIGS?

Refurbished SIGS?

I know SIG has that "used" program where they clean up used guns for resale.
    Has anyone bought one of these.
    Are they worth the "savings" or should I just go new?
    TX.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    IMHO-
    YES if a sig is what you want and you are going to shoot it or carry it and you have SIG on the brain go for it. I had a 229 Refurb that looked good and held up great.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Administrator
    I have picked up a couple of 228's that have been refurbed... No problems at all. The finish might not be 100%, but the mechanicals are.

If you want a custom finish or color, this is the way to go.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but the only caveat I am aware of is that SIG refurbs only get a one year warranty, but it's a SIG - you probably won't ever use the warranty.

As I understand it the "CPO" (Certified Pre Owned) program is an excellent value. They completely disassemble, clean and inspect the weapons, replace anything that is out of spec, and then give a one year warranty on them. I read recently that Sig is going to start using red bands on the grips of the CPO's instead of the current blue ones. The blue ones they currently use will be put on the new ones. As soon as I can get the OK from the wife I plan on getting a CPO P225.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    My refurbed Sig 229 in 357 Sig has inexcess of 2K rounds through it without a hitch.

Do you have to go directly through SIG for these or do the shops carry them?

I had a 229 Refurb that looked good and held up great.
    Why did you get rid of it?

Any dealer can order them, and a good number have them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Why did you get rid of it?
    Honestly,
    The 229 was a great gun, and I used to be a SIG Fanatic, I still have a 225, 228, 226 tactical with a AAC suppressor, and a mosquito. I used to hate plastic tupperwear guns, then I started going through belts. Carrying all metal guns IWB just got heavy, and were warping my belts. Plus I could start feeling it in my pysatic (spelling) nerve on my hip. Not mention with 2 5 inch titanium screws in my Left hip it didn't help any.

I then found Glock. For me Sigs had a little to high profile, and the 229 is a pretty thick slide, then the GLOCK. The GLOCK has a steeper grip putting the bore line more in line with my hand. I have a have high thumbs forward grip, which also pushes my weak hand thumb fairly far down the slide of the gun. With the SIG I found this would cause the web of my strong hand to rub and blister sometimes. Also, to me its more of a naturally pointing gun. I can also completly strip and repair any GLOCK I own with fully confidence I didn't screw anything up (takes you 30 minutes and watching videos on the internet) . I can't say that about my self and a SIG.

I used to be one of those guys who wiped his guns down everynight making sure no rust demons were attacking. GLOCK I clean my 19 maybe 2 times a year, my G23, G29, G21 SF, maybe 3 times, My G17 Never cleaned it, and it sees anywhere from 3-5K rounds through it. When I do clean it I put the lower part in the dishwasher. It has never had a hiccup or a problem; however, neither have any of my SIGS.

My SIG phase was more of a attraction to the sexy nature of the gun more than what I using it for. The GLOCK lets face its ugly with ZERO personality, its 2 rectangles with a bunch of holes drilled in it. I mean if you want to get fancy you might see one somebody customized with a racing strip to attempt to make it go faster. However, to me now there is beauty in simplicity.

I now have gotten to the point where my carry guns are tools for just that. I've dropped my GLOCKS numberous times by accident and they still could pass for NIB. I can't say the same for my once dropped SIG 228 with the gash in the slide now. Glock parts cost you almost nothing, I feel robbed more on the shipping then the part(s) themselves. Even the Magazines are less then 20 dollars.

Sometimes less then $10 dollars from CDNN. To me a GLOCK is like the Toyota Tacoma of the gun world. You pull it out, pull the trigger it goes bang. For a self defense gun those are MY NEEDS. I don't want to start a battle but these are just my personal notes and preferences. Sorry forgot about my G26 See GLOCK, yeah but there all the same.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

One other thing. If I ever use my GLOCK in self defense. Its going to get confiscated. It will be put in a police subasement next to a water heater that is sprouting leaks in it (not on a soft pink cushion inside a a box that has a dehumidifier in it, with a note stating Please handle with care ROB99VMI04 spent $1000 on this gun and he would like it back with the same ammount of wear on it, infact there should actually be less wear-thanks management signed Chief of Police), I would be very lucky to get it back. If that happens, so what I'll go out and BUY another GLOCK for the same price I could afford one SIG.

The CPO's are by far the best bang for the buck. Basically a new gun in most cases for the price of a used one with a 1 year warranty. They put all new springs and any other worn part. Most look new.

Sometimes, you get even luckier.

My 229 CPO was never used. It was a brand new gun. In fact, it was a SAS that did not pass inspection for some reason. They slapped on a regular 229 slide and sent it out as a CPO. Everything looked perfectly new when I got it. Not the slightest imperfection except for the couple smileys every new Sig has. I love the fact I have a melted SAS frame.

Centerfire Systems!!

I just walked over to Centerfire Systems and they've got A TON of Sig refurbs ready to go, on sale for $299!!!

Their number is 800-950-1231! Ask for Ed!!!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    I just walked over to Centerfire Systems and they've got A TON of Sig refurbs ready to go, on sale for $299!!!

Their number is 800-950-1231! Ask for Ed!!!
    What models? Is that in Versailles? Thats an easy road trip for me...

Nevermind I got it...102 Fieldview Drive

ROADTRIP!
    "Just blame Sixto"

I would have doubts if those are actual Sig CPOs - look for the blue or red band around the grip.

Most sell for $500, give or take $50. I have yet to see a real CPO that cheap - maybe a used P225, but not a Sig CPO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links