You-Tube Review of the H&K45

This is a discussion on You-Tube Review of the H&K45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ybRq9Empk I found this video to be very helpful as to the potential raised by this new pistol. For example, watch closely ...

Thread: You-Tube Review of the H&K45

Lightbulb You-Tube Review of the H&K45

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ybRq9Empk

I found this video to be very helpful as to the potential raised by this new pistol. For example, watch closely as the range tests progress of this gun. There seems to be an incredibly low amount of felt recoil. The front sight seems to jump less than a similarly sized 9mm frame. That says a lot for fast followup shots, wouldn't you agree?

The standard mag is 10rds the compact will be eight rounds but the 10rd can be also used in the compact like the Glock 21 can be used with the Glock 30 or the full sized XD can be used in the compact XD 45.

Also, for the very first time ever, there is a picatinney rail on the gun instead of the usual product specific H&K rail that is present on my own USP 45. When I went to hang a light on it, I had to buy a special adaptor to attach the streamlight to the USP. That no longer seems to be the case which of course will make this gun more attractive should the US military's Joint Service Program tests ever resume. Also the gun comes with interchangeable backstraps to adjust for hand size. That will improve shooting scores across the spectrum, especially among female shooters. The recoil factor will also play out here. Watch the video and tell me what you think.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

I think it is kinda hard to judge recoil from a video, but it does seem light for a .45acp. Although it is a big gun. If I could reach the darn mag release on a USP without stretching across the grip, I would buy one in a heartbeat. They need more of those youtube firearm reviews.

Wink USP mag release

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    I think it is kinda hard to judge recoil from a video, but it does seem light for a .45acp. Although it is a big gun. If I could reach the darn mag release on a USP without stretching across the grip, I would buy one in a heartbeat. They need more of those youtube firearm reviews.
    When I got my USP a couple of years ago, I had the same problem. However now I much prefer this style release to any other. HINT: Don't try to actuate the release with your thumb! Use your trigger finger and push straight down...not "inward" as on a 1911. THAT issue seems to have been specifically addressed with this model, btw. It takes less "downward" pressure to release and the lever is longer to accomodate more hand sizes.

Recoil....yes it's a big gun. But the frame is still polymer, so it's probably not as heavy as say a ParaOrd 1911. I just wonder how well it will conceal.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Very good review. I like it.

But, as was said before, it is a very big gun. I am not a real big guy, 5 foot 8 160 pounds, not giant. So I tend to not carry service size guns. I go more towards the compact and sub compact size guns for daily carry.

So, for me I will still lust after a P2000Sk.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links