Price for Sig P239

This is a discussion on Price for Sig P239 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found a nice P239 today at local gun shop. Price tag marked $579. Is this a good price for a mint (90-95%) Sig P239 ...

Thread: Price for Sig P239

Price for Sig P239

I found a nice P239 today at local gun shop. Price tag marked $579.
    Is this a good price for a mint (90-95%) Sig P239 DA/SA?

It appears to be black in color so I guess this is some sort of parkerized finish. Stock plastic grips and has sights similar to heinie straight eights but I believe instead of dot on dot, it was vertical line on top of vertical line.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Its a fair price. Maybe a touch on the high side.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks SIXTO, I believe he may negotiate a little but I did not have my checkbook with me at the time. So I kept my mouth shut as far as bartering goes.

You can get a CPO for $500 that will look perfect and have a 1 year warranty. Save on taxes and most have low shipping, sometimes included.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I concur that it seems warm for a used gun. My used P239 (95%+ condition) was $100 less earlier this year . . . great gun, by the way.

Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    I concur that it seems warm for a used gun. My used P239 (95%+ condition) was $100 less earlier this year . . . great gun, by the way.

You would by any chance have a pic of yourself carrying your 239 would you? I'm considering getting one soon, but I'd like to see pics of people carrying them, just to see how well they dissapear.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    Sorry.

It completely disappears: I carry it IWB appendix in an inexpensive suede clip-on holster. You have to be trim to pull this carry mode off, though, and it requires a cover garment.
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

I posted these pics once before but will do so again to show you the size comparison of the P239 with the Glock 23 I carry.

I own both and the P239 is my secondary carry gun but, and I love Sigs by the way, the P239 is almost identical in size and width to the G23. My P239 is a 9mm, carries 8 in the magazine. My 23 is ofcourse .40 cal and carries 13 in the magazine. So, even though I LOVE Sigs I carry the Glock.

Here are the pics:

Glock on left, Sig on right.

Sig on left, Glock on right.

Glock left, Sig right.

Sig left, Glock right

Sig left, Glock right.

Sig left, Glock right.

So, as you can see, they are just about the same size and the G23 has a more potent caliber and carries more ammo. And, the kicker is, iit costs less too.

By the way, I would agree with those that have told you that the P239 you found is priced a bit high. When I bought mine, I bought it used as well. But mine came with 5 magazines and a replacement set of Hogue grips. And it cost $500 even.
    If you really want to go with the Sig, and I understand it if you do believe me, go with the CPO Sig. (Certified Previously Owned) Sig takes them and reconditions them and sells them with a warranty.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Does those Hogue grips make it any bit wider than the stock plastic ones? Also, which one is heavier?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

I will be selling my P239-40 at a local gun show in a couple weeks, and mine I consider 95% condition with Hogue grips, stock grips, and 2 magazines. Personally, I will be feeling good to ask about $450. I haven't been shooting it much since I changed my primary carry to the Glock 23c and will be using the proceeds to purchase a NIB Glock 19.

As far as the Hogue grips, they are a little bit wider, but mainly a little bit longer. And as far as heavier - I would say negligible. The Hogue grips may be a tad heavier, but it's not noticeable.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by KYmxracer52 View Post
    Does those Hogue grips make it any bit wider than the stock plastic ones? Also, which one is heavier?
    The Hogue grips make it just the slightest bit thicker in the grip area but not by much at all.

And as far as weight goes, the Sig is heavier than the Glock.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The biggest difference with the hogue grips other than comfort (they are super comfy) is that the rubber is pretty grabby. I switched back to the standard plastic ones for carry just because of that. I was constantly having to tug at my shirts to pull them off the grip. With the standards everything is hunky doory.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Links