Size comparison of M&P 40c - G27

This is a discussion on Size comparison of M&P 40c - G27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a subcompact pistol. I am trying to decide between the M&P 40c and a G27. The manufacturer specs only tell so ...

Thread: Size comparison of M&P 40c - G27

I am looking for a subcompact pistol. I am trying to decide between the M&P 40c and a G27. The manufacturer specs only tell so much. I have not been able to find a gun shop with both in stock. I am wanting to compare grip angle, overall height & width. Is any blessed enough to have both and able to post some pictures?

I carry a XD 45c now. I have been told that the grip angle of the M&P is the best match to my Springer.

Thanks in advance.

Can't help with a comparison picture, but I just got back from the range where I shot my newly aquired M&P 40c. I traded in a G27 for it. I do not regret getting rid of the G27, not in the least (and I am a Glock fan). Much improved feel/ergonomics esp. with the backstrap option and different mags (pinky ext. or not). I also found the M&P to have significantly lighter recoil and have faster f/u shots. Just got through 250 rounds (WWB & Corbon DPX), all flawless. Try to get your hands on both. I guess you can tell what I think. Good luck!

I looked at the M&P 40c and held it against the G27 and G23 in the store. It is almost identical to the G23- (one size up from the G27)

Ibelieve the G27 is just a touch more concealable, but the M&P felt really good in my hand.

You should read up on the M&P forum before you buy- It looked like alot of people had complaints and reliability problems.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

The MP40c is slightly smaller than a G19 and shorter grip.
    The MP40c is slightly longer than a G26 and longer grip.
    The MP40c is more rounded on the front and slide IMHO.
    The MP40c fits my hand the Glocks don't.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I also traded in my G27 for the M&P .40c and also have not regretted it on bit. The M&P fits my hand so much better. As said before, the felt recoil is less and I am much more accurate with it. Not saying the G27 is not as accurate, just not in my hands. I like that the M&P is made in the USA also.
    I would also suggest that you take a look over at the M&P forums, http://mp-pistol.com/boards/index.php . There are some that have had problems, but many more that have no problems at all. I have not had any issues with my M&P and I love it!!
    The M&P Compact in size, seems to me to be in between the G27 and the G23. It is an easy gun to conceal though.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

I carry a G23. I have thought about an M&P .40c several times but every time I handle one, I realize all over again that it really, in my mind anyway just isn't small enough to be considered a true compact gun. I don't really consider my G23 a compact either. I consider it more of a slightly smaller service size gun. The G26 and G27 I consider a compact.

But as stated by others, the M&P .40c is larger than the G23 but smaller than the G27. Not really compact size IMHO.

But I do love the feel of the grip. They really got that right on those guns for sure. The only one I like better on a polymer gun is the H&K P2000Sk.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've had discussions on the M&P forum about the size of their full size verses Glock's compact size guns. M&P followers say that their full size gun is comparable to Glock compact and not it full size guns. So I guess they don't see the full size Glock's (G17, G22) match up with any of the "Full Size" S&W M&P's. So I guess your comparison of the compact M&P and the Glock subcompact fits along the same line of thought.

I had purchased a Glock 23c and was looking at both the S&W M&P 40c and the XD40c. I had found that I had shoot the M&P 40c better then the XD40c, but I was unable to compare that with the Glock 27 because they did not have a Glock rep at the specific show that I was attending - too bad.

My Glock 23c is still my primary carry weapon, and I will be adding a new Glock to my small collection of guns by the end of the year.

If you are truly interested buying either of these gun find a place that rents both and shoot them for yourself. See which one you prefer, and which one shoots best and feels best in your hands, and then buy that gun.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Thanks guys, now you just complicated things. I like the size of the G27 and the "curves" of the 40c. Oh, what now?!! What to choose?

Seriously, thanks for the input.

The bright side is I save more money while I decide. http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...1/image035.gif

Quote Originally Posted by kylebce View Post
    I looked at the M&P 40c and held it against the G27 and G23 in the store. It is almost identical to the G23- (one size up from the G27)

Ibelieve the G27 is just a touch more concealable, but the M&P felt really good in my hand.

You should read up on the M&P forum before you buy- It looked like alot of people had complaints and reliability problems.
    there might be alot of people with issue's but S&W has been taking care of them free of charge. It's a fairly new gun so yes there will be some with issue's. Compare the people with issue's with the people with no issue's that don't post. Glocks have there issue's btu they have been around for a long time so there not as many issues with them now. I have the M&P9c and have no issue's. I also have a G19 and a G23. I will be getting the 40C soon i hope.
    SigP226, SigP232SS, GLock 27, Glock 23, M&P9C, M&P 40C, Tika T3 .308, New England Rifle .17 HMR. DPMS AR-10 .308, Mossberg 500, Bersa .380, Olympic Arms AR15 Pistol, Kimber CDP2 Ultra, Kimber CDP2 compact, S&W 432pd,CX4 storm .40

Sponsored Links