HKP7, Anyone have them?

This is a discussion on HKP7, Anyone have them? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HKP7 Just picked one up last week. Cool little gun, I actually really like it, points natural and the site picture is very good. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HKP7, Anyone have them?

HKP7, Anyone have them?

HKP7

Just picked one up last week. Cool little gun, I actually really like it, points natural and the site picture is very good. I didn't know if I would like the German mag release but it is very well done on this gun.

Info on the gun: http://hkp7.com/p7.htm

I am thinking about having Tripp Research hard chrome it as it does have a bit of holster wear.

Does anyone use +P ammo with their's or is the not recomended by HK? What ammo are you running and what is your take on this little gim of a gun. The hand cocker seems genius so far, I am digging it too. I can see how some might not like that option but I do.

I think i am seriously in love with this gun, I may propose to it as long as it continues to not give me any trouble.

Well made weapon........What do you think of them if you own one or have owned one, please add any info on them you have?

Feel free to post pic's of yours!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I'm short on compact 9mms myself lol , dont mind the dirty shop floor in the pics .

and here is the p9 ontop of the p7 for size comparison

So far i really like the p7 I have not had a chance to get to the range with it , but by pitching it in the pickup seat in a galco fanny pack i have rolled up 3 rattlesnakes so far with ball ammo . I do need to pick up a few more mags before all the cheap ones ( to what they used to be and will be again ) are gone since i only have 5 mags so far .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Redneck, how about a pic of just the P7, or side by side?

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

P7M8

I have the M8. I think it's a great carry gun, but you do need some trigger time to get comfortable with it. It gets hot kind of quick and the recoil is different. Not harder, but it seems like the slide moves quicker. I don't care to use +P in it. I carry 124gr Hydra Shok in it and 124gr Gold Dot in the spares. IWB and mag pouch by Fist. I like to carry it open around the gnshop where I work for the coolness factor. IIRC CDNN has mags in stock for around $30 for yours. Mine needs a hard chrome, too. Let us know if you decide to do it.

I've been watching my 5 year old neice this past couple of days and I had to do a good clean up around the house. I'm not normally "kid proof" gun-wise. In addition to Eddie Eagle and Gun Proof Your Kids by Ayoob, and a touch safe by the bed, I carried the P7 as an extra level of security. Even some adults have trouble with it, so it's extra insurance for a 5 year old, and I can pull the srtiker out in a second if I should need to. God forbid I leave it unattended out of old habit or sudden gross inattention.

The p7 as shipped to me

and the closest to side by side i took and uploaded

hope that helps lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I had mine hard chromed by Ford's...they also did my 442 and reblued my HP...Tripps does a great job too and very fast turn around...

Great carry gun...Alessi CQC/S

Delfatti ISP-WR....can be worn between the belt and pants also..

Super CDNN has m8 mags in stock right now and fairly reasonable i think check out

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hkp78rdblmag.html

JD
    Administrator
    I picked one up about two weeks ago, it's creepy accurate most of my 3 shot groups would be inside a dime at 10 yards.

It does heat up quick, I had to let to cool after about 30 rounds, but I was shooting pretty fast, it's definately not a fun day at the range gun.

I don't care for the European mag release, but what is good about it is that it's good for a righty or a lefty. The one feature I really like is that squeezig the cocker realeases the slide, that's just cool if you ask me.

It'll definately make a slick carry pistol.

Strangely enough i dont mind the euro mag release on the p7 , it works just like a paddle rifle mag release instead of backwards like almost every other heel release . In fact i prefer it to the double duckbill on the m8 series .

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Strangely enough i dont mind the euro mag release on the p7 , it works just like a paddle rifle mag release instead of backwards like almost every other heel release . In fact i prefer it to the double duckbill on the m8 series .
    Exactly, it is quite a nice release for the euro type. Usually i don't like them but I can deal with this one. It is perfect for if say the gun jam's and you need to rip the mag out of there right away.

Ti

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    I picked mine up on Wednesday from the shop in IN. Haven't had a chance to shoot it (hopefully in 2 weeks)...

So far though I like it. I'm considering a hard chrome on it too, and maybe a mag or to... (do you chrome the magazines also?)

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter4884 View Post
    I picked mine up on Wednesday from the shop in IN. Haven't had a chance to shoot it (hopefully in 2 weeks)...

So far though I like it. I'm considering a hard chrome on it too, and maybe a mag or to... (do you chrome the magazines also?)

--Jim
    Congrats, yep you can chrome the mag's, I will be as well as whatever internals Tripp recommends, barell or whatever. The mag's ain't cheap brother, about $50-55 each, ouch.

Ti

I am getting mags for about 37 from Ken ( Wild West Guns in Alaska ) 800/992-4570 and ask for Ken and i think cdnn may well have them even cheaper . I just like Ken ( He is Wildalaska on The fireing Line Forum for any members over there ) and will do business with a stand up guy like him all i can . the M8 mags i have seen cheepest are at cdnn for a bit more than 50 for new .

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    redneck repairs,

are you getting PSP or M8 mags at that rate?

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Mini range report!

Got to shoot the P7 this morning. scary accurate is correct JD, wow.

Yep I am in love with this one. The trigger (mine anyway) is like butter, clean as can be and put's any of my 1911 triggers to shame really, even as good as they are. I have a couple 1911's that have had a trigger job to 3.5 lbs with a very clean break, the P7 was just so slick and If anything this one might be too touchy, but i can live with it.

I think I will check the trigger pull and see where it's at for sure. Neat little pistol, I believe I have got that addiction starting with these.

Break down is a cinch and you can have it apart in like 2 seconds, it's amazing how easy it is to break down and put back together.

If anyone is tossing around the idea of getting one, I say go for it as you will not regret it at all, I don't.

My two concerns when I bought it was the grip cock and the euro type mag release and both have proven no problem at all. About the only thing I can see being a problem is if were to take a shot in the arm and had to do a one handed mag change, I can see how it could be difficult. I am going to practice with it somemore and see if there is a trick to it or if practice mproves this and report back.

Other than that, I give this thing two thumbs up!

Ti

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links