New XD9 - for Euclidean

New XD9 - for Euclidean

This is a discussion on New XD9 - for Euclidean within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My parents gave me a new XD9 Service Model for my college graduation gift last Saturday. The next day my dad and I went out ...

Thread: New XD9 - for Euclidean

New XD9 - for Euclidean

My parents gave me a new XD9 Service Model for my college graduation gift last Saturday. The next day my dad and I went out for a very quick range session with it. We didn't even have time to get our target stands and all the other stuff. We made due with paper boxes and Post It notes.

The gun is excellent- it fits the hand like a molded piece of clay and shoots exceptionally well. We only had a chance to shoot 150 rds through it but had absolutely no failures. I didn't even clean it like I really should have- just some oil in some places and we ran with it. Attached is one of our "targets" that I thought would show how well the thing shoots. It was only from about 15 feet, but I am confident it could do as well out a little further.

Euclidean, if you are thinking of getting a semi, search no more- I wouldn't mind having one in every flavor.

By the way, it looks funny because I had to tape it to a piece of paper- I don't have a flat bed, just an all-in-one scanner.
    Attached Images

They are a great gun as i have said my only complaint is the finsh hopefully they have fixed that now ... ive been waxing mine with car wax seems to help with the rust problem ... Congrats on the new gun

Yeah I keep looking for an excuse to buy an XD. Darn it man don't do that to me I'm already tapped for a little while.

Euc Euc buy the Xd Euc of the Glock beware... :AR15firin

Hahaha very funny Bud.

One thing does occur to me though as I consider one day purchasing such a thing: As much as I like the XD, there's a whole world of CPO Sigs out there are the same price...

And so it continues. The revolver market is so much simpler. There's Smiths, there's Colts, there's Rugers, there's Taurus, and then there's everything else, but there's really only 4 companies to keep an eye on unless you're into that really high end stuff like Magnum Research.

Of course I hear a tale that Dan Wesson revolvers are coming back in a big way soon via CZ. I've always wanted a Dan Wesson for no good reason... but I'll probably never actually buy one.

So maybe there will soon be five companies to watch...

But even at that, how many different companies make a good double stack 9mm pistol?

I too would like a dan wesson i keep looing for ont of the older one's with the barrel sets .. Sigs are ok i suppose but not for me had one and it had the honor of being the first gun i ever sold

I have an XD 4 inch BBL on Lay-Away at Kittery. Came with box, papers, 2 hi caps, and 98% finish. Looks unfired and has the OD Green frame. Price was 325.00 used.......I 'll think about it for now, but am comsidering the SW40VE due to 235.00 price tag, as it's the same condition, with box 2 hi caps etc. (I know I'm acting wierd now) LOL

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Congrats on the new pistol, and congrats on finishing college!!

Sponsored Links