Glock G36

Glock G36

This is a discussion on Glock G36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone carry one? I just picked one up today and am going to make it my EDC....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock G36

Glock G36

Anyone carry one? I just picked one up today and am going to make it my EDC.
    ...and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw............RUSH
    www.okshooters.com

Is that the single stack .45? I've shot the G30 and really liked it but would rather have a single stack with the thinner grip.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

It is the single stack "Slim Line" as Glock calls it. Its grip is actually thinner than any of the other Glocks, 1.13" vs. 1.18". From what I understand, any holster that fits the G19 will also work for the G36 since the slide widths are the same.
    www.okshooters.com

Yes, it has been my #1 carry for five years now. Because of it's very slim width, it has been very easily concealed, especially well with the Blade Tech ultra series IWB Kydex holster.

In summer it sits easily in cargo shorts main pocket. The only drawback I have been concerned with is it's relatively low number of rounds, hence always carry extra magazines.

I also have found it very comfortable to fire with a high degree of reliability. I hope you enjoy it.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

Ya, the round count does not bother me too much, statistically, any typical SD situation will be over in 3 shots. I do not feel under gunned by any means, but I always have a few spares with me too, I keep 3 extras in the truck and the other 2 on me and one in the gun itself. It is a slim hide-away piece though.
    www.okshooters.com

Yup, have to agree...nearly as easily concealed as my Kahr PM40. Sometimes I wonder why I even carry the little forty.

I believe the "stats" for average rounds are up, but which ever. I never used to carry a BUG either, now it's always there.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

Nice....might have to share some pics with us Tsquare
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

ask and you shall recieve:

www.okshooters.com

I have one and am considering carrying it in place of my G19, but it has not had enough rounds through it. I have also been having a problem with the gap between the mag and the grip. If I hold it in my typical grip, I get a bad pinch when firing.

I have about six mags for it and ordered some of the Pearce magazine extenders and put them on two mags. This gave me a better grip and one additional round in the mag. The problem is that now the grip is longer and doesn't conceal as well.

Also, I had a problem with it stovepiping. I had a local Glock certified gunsmith work it over and he seems to have resolved the problem. He told me that it would get even better after a few hundred more rounds to break it in.

I am taking it to the range again tomorrow and trying to learn to love it, but it is hard to think of replacing the G19 that has been with me for several years now, but I do like the idea of a 45 ACP as a carry gun.

Another thing is that even though the slide width is the same as the G19, it does not sit as well in a holster made for the G19. I am using a Tucker IWB and the G36 sits off center in the holster. This is odd considering that if you overlay the G36 on the G19, they seem to have the same profile. I think that it might be that the G36 is rounder on the corners and does not grip the side of the holster as well as the G19, but I am not sure.

No failures in mine as of yet, 200 rounds. I am going to try the CorBon DPX and see if it likes them, if so, that will be my carry round, if not, then the Remington Golden Sabre will be.
    www.okshooters.com

The only malfunctions I've had with my 36 were with the Pierce extensions on the magazines. The malfunctions went away when the extensions were taken off. Great little carry gun. Magazine capacity is not a concern for me. Sometimes I carry an extra mag, often I don't. Of course I always have a P-3AT in my pocket.
    str1

It's been my ccw for a while now, but I can't hit crap with it from more than 5 yards and I'm a decent shot with every other weapon I own (I'm not the only one either). I know it's not a range gun, but it's something to consider if you want to do some range work with it.
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

My EDC varies between my Kimber Ultra and my G-36. When on my Harley, it's my G-36...very comfortable...I've had no problems with my G-36, and I know several others who also carry the G-36...great gun...
    G-36 = 6 + 1...Kimber Ultra = 7+1...not much of a difference!

I always have an extra mag...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jsc
    Great, easily concealed weapon. no fte problems with mine, stout recoil however, it is not unmanageable ( my other weapon is a sig p226 in .357 which is more comfortable to shoot). i needed practice to master quick second and third follow up shots.

i got one but i don't carry it. i do take it to the range alots. it is a great shooter, but i carry the glock 27.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links