Glock 27 Gen 4 issue?

Glock 27 Gen 4 issue?

This is a discussion on Glock 27 Gen 4 issue? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Brand new G27. Shoots trouble free with standard 9 round magazines. Jammomatic with Glock 23 magazine. I tried one of the other 13 round magazines ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By glockman10mm
  • 2 Post By LeanHard
  • 1 Post By ExGM
  • 1 Post By Ianthin
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Glock 27 Gen 4 issue?

Glock 27 Gen 4 issue?

Brand new G27. Shoots trouble free with standard 9 round magazines. Jammomatic with Glock 23 magazine. I tried one of the other 13 round magazines and had the same issue.

Anyone have similar experience? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all fairness, it is running just fine with the mags it was designed to be used with.

I have found that Glock changes the follower design at times which has been known to impact feeding. So, if you are using a Gen 4 , make sure your mags are made in the same time frame as your gun.

Or, it could be something as simple as applying pressure to the magazine that is hanging out of the mag well with your finger.
    gasmitty, ExGM and Ianthin like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

I've heard of the baby glocks having sone issues with feeding from the full size magazines before. I know there is room for the magazine to rock back and forth which may be causing the issue. But many others have had flawless results as well. You may want to try adding a grip sleeve to keep the magazine supported to keep it from rocking forward or backward. If it works then you know its the magazine being misaligned while being gripped. That's my best guess seeing as you have tried two different ones.
    ExGM and Buckeye63 like this.
    "Responsibility is the price of freedom." -Elbert Hubbard

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

North Carolina (The Eagle is from Alaska)
    Long ago, I too, discovered that applying pressure to the protruding bottom of a Glock magazine meant for its bigger brother (e.g. G22 mags in a G27 or a G23, or G22 mags in a G23) could induce such malfunctions. You may notice that the extension on the slightly extended Glock-branded +1/+2 mags does not line up with pistol's frontstrap, unlike the aftermarket versions. I routinely avoid using the magazines intended for longer-gripped versions, or at least avoid applying pressure to the protruding end of longer magazines.

Although I haven't had the inclination to make an exhaustive study of this, I have also been able to induce such malfunctions with my other pistols (e.g. Berettas, SIGs and, yes, even my Colt 1911) It's obvious the more a magazine protrudes, the easier it is to change the feed angle and induce malfunctions, and Glock was among the first (if not THE first) to offer such a wide range of grip (and magazine) lengths.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

And please, leave the pontifications about "Tactics" to those who have been there... and done that. They know from experience just how quickly "Tactics" can deteriorate.

I just checked.. Followers on my 19 mags are different than my Gen 4 26 ... But the 19 mags work well in my 26 ...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Or, it could be something as simple as applying pressure to the magazine that is hanging out of the mag well with your finger.
    Seems I've seen reports of this not only with Glocks, but other guns with similar mag compatability.
    ExGM likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Thanks for the replies. I might try an X grip sometime in the future. Maybe this will help but ultimately the G27 performs fine with the standard magazine. They are small enough that I can throw the two 9 rounders in my pocket and feel confident I have plenty of firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by 3502dav1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I might try an X grip sometime in the future. Maybe this will help but ultimately the G27 performs fine with the standard magazine. They are small enough that I can throw the two 9 rounders in my pocket and feel confident I have plenty of firepower.

IMO, the silliest thing I have witnessed is people trying to turn a pistol chopped and designed from the factory into a version of its larger brethren by extending the grip for EDC.

Now, I do believe it makes sense to carry the higher cap mags as reloads, because this practice passes the logistic and tactical smell test.
    So therefore, making sure the larger magazine works makes sense, and is a smart thing to do.
    Thats what makes these smaller Glocks such a perfect carry piece.

But I wouldn't mess with putting sleeves or other such nonsense on my spare mag.

Hell, by the time you do that, you have increased the width of the mag to the same size as the grip of the gun, making it just as practical to carry an extra gun on your offside.

Try a different mag, and get use to shooting without your pinky finger on the grip (it's easy to do, and just as accurate), and you will be good to go!
    ExGM and Bigsteve113 like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Sponsored Links