Sig P239 vs. Kahr P9

This is a discussion on Sig P239 vs. Kahr P9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ev239 Not sure of the current wait time for the CTAC, but I know they are unusually fast compared to almost any ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P239 vs. Kahr P9

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    Not sure of the current wait time for the CTAC, but I know they are unusually fast compared to almost any other custom shop.
    That is my understanding as well. FWIW, I ordered one for my 239 from gunnersalley.com and they must have had it in stock because it came in a few days. If you want one right away you might call around and see if anyone has them in stock.

-john

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by inferno3 View Post
    With the p239 I am positive when I pull the trigger it will go bang and it is extremely accurate little gun.
    ditto

That said the trigger of my p239(DAK) feels like an old S&W revolver and in hindsight I wish I bought one in sa/da.This however was not an option on the SAS version.
    Sorry to hear that. I ordered my P239 in DA/SA specifically because I'm not a fan of DAO. I'm very happy about the operation of the DA/SA on this gun.

-john

I'm another of those who had a bad experience with the P9. Mine wouldn't feed reliably with multiple brands of ammo and continued to have problems beyond 500 rounds and a trip back to the factory. I couldn't trust my life to that so I sold it. My brother has a SIG P239 and it's easily among the most accurate pistols I've ever fired, plus it's never jammed. It's not as little as the Kahr, but with a good holster it hides very well and isn't too heavy.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Sounds like I need to forget about the Kahr. I want pure reliability and it seems that the Sig is the way to get that. If anyone has anymore pics of their 239's on or off them, please post. I'd also like to see your holsters you use too.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Sure here are some additional pics. I've posted them other times, but never hurts to have repeats.

Here's with J-clips

Now using V-clips
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

No FLAME intended here but it's been my experience that if you want "pure reliability" in a Kahr...stick with the steel frame guns. My K40 & T9 have been ABSOLUTELY reliable. I didn't have the same experience with a PM9 or a P45. I haven't owned a P239 but have never heard anyone distrusting one.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I held one again today, and I have definately decided now to get one. It feels so good in hand.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

sig vs kahr....sig by all means!!

I own two sig p239's in 9mm, they are a bit heavier than the kahr but they will always work, cannot say the same about the kahrs, friends have kahrs and they conceal nice but both have had reliability issues in the past, my local range rents both and the kahrs always seem to be out for repairs; it terms of life saving reliability get a sig, imho.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Don't know if my opinion counts for much but here it is. I've never hidden my dislike of Sigs but I do shoot them well and since thats what I'm issued its pretty much what I carry 90% of the time. However, I've also owned Kahr's and find them very reliable and accurate.

Kahr's feel good in my had and shoot very accuratly and I've used both the steel and poly framed versions.

Sigs are great weapons, but heavy for what you get. Their known for their accuracy, but the double action/single action trigger system defeats the principles of shooting as you have to deal with three trigger systems every time you shoot.

Sig did a fantastic job when they did their SAS system and if given the choice thats what I'd choose.

Both weapons are good weapons and will serve you well. The Kahr will carry easier due to being lighter and the Sig will shoot well.

Two pieces of advice if you go Sig...1) Get one with the SAS trigger system, its worth it...2)Put Hogue rubber grips on it, they really make a difference.

If you go Kahr I can only suggest one thing, invest in the AGRIP Wrap Around Grip for them. They give a better grip when holding the plastic frame, if you go with a steel framed grip, use the Hogue rubber ones.

Good luck and have fun.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member
    fed - I think you mean the DAK (Double Action Kellerman) trigger system... SAS is their melt job (Sig Anti Snag).

And if you do put the Hogues on, be forewarned - they feel GREAT, but they tend to "grab" cover garments more easily then the stock plastic or wood ones do.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I carry a Kahr K40 in an Andrews Leather McDaniel II IWB, conceals well, shoots great, no reliability problems.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    fed - I think you mean the DAK (Double Action Kellerman) trigger system... SAS is their melt job (Sig Anti Snag).

And if you do put the Hogues on, be forewarned - they feel GREAT, but they tend to "grab" cover garments more easily then the stock plastic or wood ones do.
    I love everything about the 239sas except the dak. I can't stand the trigger.

I love my P239. The only gripe I have about it is the capacity. For the size and weight of the gun, there ought to be more bullets stuffed in that puppy.

Other than that, I LOVE MINE.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Before you buy,take a good look at the S&W MP Compacts. They also have the 3.5 inch bbl. length,nice shootable triggers,interchangeable backstraps,and are very easy to conceal.

FWIW, I love my P239, but even so, I'm eyeing the HK P2000SK v3. Smaller length and height, only a whisker wider, lighter and holds more rounds.

-john

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links