Dan Wesson CBob Barrell Bushing

This is a discussion on Dan Wesson CBob Barrell Bushing within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Guys/Gals (Lima,Betty,etc..) As you know (see thread title) I have a DW 1911. It's SS but it has a "blued?" barrell bushing that I ...

Thread: Dan Wesson CBob Barrell Bushing

Dan Wesson CBob Barrell Bushing

Hey Guys/Gals (Lima,Betty,etc..)

As you know (see thread title) I have a DW 1911.

It's SS but it has a "blued?" barrell bushing that I want to swapp out for SS.

I ideally would also like to be able to store that blue plastic "wrench" away and not have to use it any more.

Is that something I can do? Where should I look? About how much should I expect to spend? Also I want some spare magazines suitable for both range and carry. Same questions.

Thanks in advance
    MikeV

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    For mags most everyone (myself included) usually go with Wilson Combat 47D 8rd mags.

Can't help you on the bushing really, Wilson Combat offers them, as well does Ed Brown, EGW and others.

The need for the bushing wrench is most likely you have a nice tight fighting match barrel and bushing, getting a looser fighting bushing my interfere with the accuracy that you are accustomed too. Personally I have yet to have a gun with a match barrel and bushing (not until this evening at at least) but I'm sure some of the others can point out any advantages or disadvantages of a tight fitting bushing.

A bushing from Ed Brown or Wilson Combat is about $20.

QK Shooter, Bud White or the ever knowledgeable OD should be able to help out with the finer points of bushing replacements, if you still want it to be "match" spec, it's probably going to need fitting, otherwise you "might" be able to get a drop in bushing, but as I have no definite answers on that, don't quote me on it

Brownell's offers drop-in bushings from EGW, Briley, and probably a few others. You'll need to measure the outside diameter of your barrel and the inside diameter of the end of your slide in order to get the right one. Just get those measurements and order the appropriately sized bushing.

As for mags, I also like Wilsons. Brownell's sells them as does Wilson. I picked mine up from someone on thehighroad forums, they were NIB and very reasonably priced. If you look around at any gun related forum Wilson mags aren't hard to come by.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

go with a egw call thek and they will make you one.. to fit you will have to be able to measure it when your on phone with them

but you want the tight fit it will increase accuracy yes it makes takedown harder to use the wrench but a sloppy fit is not what ya want either

Mags wilson 47d or CMC powermags

Links