Thumbs up on new Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Thumbs up on new Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a new Kahr CW9 yesterday. I literally took it directly from the gunshop to the shooting range and put 50 rounds through it ...

Thread: Thumbs up on new Kahr CW9

I purchased a new Kahr CW9 yesterday. I literally took it directly from the gunshop to the shooting range and put 50 rounds through it directly out of the box. No problems at all. Groups the size of the palm of my hand at 10 yards. It shot very well, and was very comfortable. It fits my hand almost perfectly.

I really like the trigger. It is smooth and light, and actually reminds me a little of the two-stage trigger on my AR-15. There isn't a true second stage, but it stacks just enough at the end to let me know where to hold while I clean up the sight picture.

The size is perfect for Concealed Carry. Big enough to get a good hold on, and small and thin enough to carry easily.

I am looking forward to shooting it more and getting a good concealed holster for it. I am leaning towards a Tucker Cover-Up IWB.

Also have new Kahr

I just got my first Kahr a few weeks ago - a MK9, the small, all steel 9mm with 6 round magazine. I have tried it twice at the range and it went through 200 rounds without any problems.

Like you, I was thinking about an IWB tuckable holster to take the best advantage of the gun's small size and thin profile. I think I may try "appendix carry" for a change, which puts the gun at the 2:00 position. I am thinking about the Comp Tac tuckable kydex holster called the "2 o'clock".

Here are the gun and a picture of the holster from the company website (I think it is holding a Keltec in the photo).

i have a cw9 as well and it is a great firearm. really nice shooting weapon.

i also have a cw9 and really like it.

I have a PM9 and like it real well. Not sure what the difference between the 2 guns are.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Cool

I've had a CW9 for nearly two years and have NEVER had one single problem with it. No FTF, FTE - nothing!!!

The holster is made by Ross Leather, located in Bradenton, Florida and costs around $40.00. It works just fine for IWB carry and so far I've had zero problems with sweat, etc.
    NRA, GOA, SAF, JFPO

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    I have a PM9 and like it real well. Not sure what the difference between the 2 guns are.
    Kahr kept the cost of the CW9 down as a "budget" pistol. There's less machining on the slide and the markings are engraved instead of roll marked. Also, the front sight is not dovetailed and the barrel has standard rifling instead of the higher end polygonal rifling of the PM9. Not sure, but I think the CW9 does not have the Elite trigger that the P9/PM9 does. The CW9 slide stop is MIM and not machined and it only comes with one magazine.

Oh, forgot to add... Perhaps, most importantly, the CW9 has a longer barrel/slide and grip than the PM9. Thickness remains the same. The longer grip allows for 7+1 carry compared to 6+1 for the PM9 using a flush fit magazine.

Here's a link describing the CW9 better than I can...

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1B/review_gm1205.html

Fired another 150 rounds through the CW9 during a quick lunch-hour trip to the pistol range. Not one problem. That makes 200 rounds total with no malfunctions, which is the Kahr break-in recommendation.

I included 25 rounds of Hornady 124gr. XTP, along with the remaining 115gr Winchester White Box range ammo. The XTP's (carry ammo) printed center on the target while the White Box was shooting a little left. Accuracy was still very good and I am getting hang of the Kahr trigger.

Shot some double taps which just about doubled the size of my group, but they were all still inside the Center of Mass on a half-sized silhouette shot at 7 yards.

I am starting to like this little pistol a lot.

I carry a P9 all the time and I love it.

Administrator
    I've gone through all the Kahrs except the CW's and the 45's, and found them all to be excellent guns. I have decided to keep the PM9 in my rotation, and am currently looking for another K9. I'm as picky as they come when talking about pistols, when I decide I like something, its a darn good pistol.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsor
    I carry my pm9 often enough as a second gun. Even in the heat of the Sonoran desert in the summer, I carry a full size gun as a primary. Yup, it's a PITA to do so in the heat, but I make the sacrifice of being uncomfortable over not carrying enough gun.

My pm9 has been flawless, for a report on another member and I shooting/wringing them out together, see this:

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/...read.php?t=693

There's some pics of targets shot by myself and Jim Music [ also a member here ]. Our experience in shooting them is in post 30 of that thread.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

One more satisfied owner of a CW9. Had a few FTF's and light strikers during break in but after 300 rounds it is a superb gun, very accurate, light and easy to carry. For the purpose I bought it for it is an excellent gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    One more satisfied owner of a CW9. Had a few FTF's and light strikers during break in but after 300 rounds it is a superb gun, very accurate, light and easy to carry. For the purpose I bought it for it is an excellent gun.
    Which do you carry and/or prefer more? Your Wilson or the CW9?

Links