Who carries a Bersa Thunder .380?

This is a discussion on Who carries a Bersa Thunder .380? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering how many of you carry the Bersa Thunder .380? I have one, but have not made it my EDC. I'm thinking about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was wondering how many of you carry the Bersa Thunder .380? I have one, but have not made it my EDC. I'm thinking about ordering a C.T.A.C for it. What holsters do you use for it? At work, I usually tuck my shirts in, so I must have a tuckable. Mine has never missed a beat yet. Has yours been reliable?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Assistant Administrator
    I have been ''involved'' with three.

My own one became my wife's carry but as yet despite efforts to change things, she purse carries!

Because I like the gun so much I helped buddy's wife get her own and got her up to speed on it .... likewise when my step-daughter turned 21 I bought her one for carry. I also gave her a small OWB rig which works tho forget what it is - maybe a small Don Hume.

Right now until End September she is working in MD so no carry but once she is back in PA later I think she'll continue to use this combo.

So - three .380's and no hassles ... all have performed well and they are well liked too. If I was pressed re size it would still one of the smaller guns I'd consider carrying.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I use a Makarov holster made by HBE. It works perfectly. Regards, Richard

aji
    Have a number of carry pieces which I rotate. When I carry Bersa .380 I use Galco stinger holster. Very compact.

Sponsor
    Last summer in our Tenn class, we had a housewife who carried one daily and wanted to take the course with it.

I was not fully up on this gun then and told her to bring it and probably a backup of some kind. I didn't have hope this little gun would make it through 1700-2000 rds in a weekend without going belly up.

That weekend, she initially had troubles with it right off, and Jim Music [ a member here ] took it off to the side, took it apart and it was pretty well dry. He oiled it liberally and that Bersa ran for the rest of the morning and day, and the following day with NO issues whatsoever.

I was impressed with that little gun so when I got home I started researching different sights searching for threads on them. The more I read the more people had the same experiences with them that I had witnessed.

The guns run good, and will hold up to some hard training all day like any full size gun will, from what Ive read of others thoughts and seen in person. I recommend them at the shop quite often, have not had one come back yet with a problem.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Senior Moderator
    I have carried and would carry again, my Bersa Thunder .380.

It has better accuracy at greater distances than eve my Colt Mustang in .380 (granted it does have a longer bbl as well but anyway...).

It was my first carry gun and I carried it in a simple Desantis Nylon holster. It wasn't the greatest holster but it beat just sticking it in my pants.

Never really had a problem with the gun. I would recommend it, for sure.

Do you guys recommend any better holster for the Bersa than the C.T.A.C? At least anything with a short wait time?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

I use a high noon bare asset for mine. They are stocking items and ship right away. The BT380 is usually what I carry now, even though I have a kel-tec PF-9, but I can't hit squat with that, unlike the Bersa, which is very accurate.

Bare Asset:
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...are_asset.html
    CZ 75 PCR
    Glock 19

Very underrated gun, I carried mine for 3 yrs, absolutely no issues w/it.
    I carried in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster w/no issues.
    I kind of regret selling it, I just wanted a bigger caliber. I may still look at the Compact .45 in Bersa..

I carried my Thunder 380cc and still do on occasion. It's a rugged little pistol and has not failed me even once at the range with various types of ammunition. I trust it completely.

I know Nate at UBG holsters has gotten rave reviews for his Bersa Thunder 380 holsters. There are a number of pictures of his holsters in the gallery section of www.bersatalk.com plus lots of advice about Bersa's in general.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

When I want something small and light I carry my Bersa Thunder .380 - I use a High Noon Split Decision, this lets you IWB carry and its tuckable. Hides the Thunder very nicely. (And its a stocked item - had it in all of 3 days)

thanks all!! I will take a look at Bersa Talk too.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

I've had my Bersa 380 fora bout 2 months - have run about 300 rounds through it. Very accurate, love the feel of the gun, very compact and trim. I bought a CTAC for it and it fits perfect. BUT I have had FTF's regularly in the gun - about 1 time every other mag, usually when I'm shooting fast. It happens in both mags I have for it, and there is nothing wrong with the gun that I can see, so I'm thinking it's a limp wristing problem - they are little guns and with the direct blowback action you need to keep a high, firm grip on the gun. I'm going to keep shooting it and paying attention to my form, because I really like this gun and hope to use it as my carry piece when I need something small.
    My father in law shot it the other day, liked the feel of it so much that he went out and bought one that day!

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I have carried and would carry again, my Bersa Thunder .380.

It has better accuracy at greater distances than eve my Colt Mustang in .380 (granted it does have a longer bbl as well but anyway...).

It was my first carry gun and I carried it in a simple Desantis Nylon holster. It wasn't the greatest holster but it beat just sticking it in my pants.

Never really had a problem with the gun. I would recommend it, for sure.
    except for my lack of any experience with a Colt Mustang, i would say the exact same thing. even down to the holster. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links