Ruger P345 ?

Ruger P345 ?

This is a discussion on Ruger P345 ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for informative feedback on what may be my first carry piece....

Thread: Ruger P345 ?

Ruger P345 ?

I'm looking for informative feedback on what may be my first carry piece.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    I have one and like it but love my glock more

Years ago my favorite carry firearm was the Colt Light Weight Commander. The only thing I did not like about it was the 'cocked and locked' carry.

With the P345, I have about the same size and weight, but carry hammer down and first round fired double action. I feel more comfortable that way.

The Ruger will also reliably feed every ammo I have tried, is more accurate by far than my stock LW Commander, and it's more corrosion resistant with the polymer frame and stainless slide. The controls and sights are low-profile, which is a big plus for snag-free draw. It also seems to suck up some of the recoil, and is quite comfortable and controllable with +Ps.

I still love the 1911's, but I carry the decock version of the P345.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Thanks for your feedback. A P345 it shall be.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

Dang! You're easy to persuade. Really though, I love my P345. You made a good choice. Enjoy.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

had one and now not

I had one for awhile. Far more guns out there that CCW better.

Gun is to big and not enough bullets. stupid mag disconnect and safety has to go to turn off.

I now carry a XD40SC or XD45C.

steve

I recently switched from a 4" xd45 to the P345 it fits on me better than the XD, its a ruger so its a name i trust and am used to. the only thing that gives me problems is that first pull after that its all gravy. i just carry it safety off with one in the chamber. great gun next all i have to do is figure out how to reload so that it feeds the reloads i know my XD is slightly picky with reloads. :) good luck and enjoy your new p345

Shoot a bunch of two or three round groups starting with loaded chamber/hammer down and it will seem quite normal very quickly.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I got rid of the mag disconnect and did a little "polishing" on it. - Had to work on the rear sight too.

For me, it was well worth it. Low felt recoil (in my opinion)... accuracy good at 75 ft.

It is my carry gun. I prefer it to anything else I have tried. It is a little large but the increased accuracy/performance compared to my smaller guns more than makes up for it.

I really like my P345. I've only fired about 1000 rounds through it but I've shot everything from Sellier and Bellots , Winchester White Box, Blazer Brass, and American Eagle without so much as one single hiccup. The only thing I wish was different would be a bit more capacity in the mag but 8 is sufficient. I also carry mine with one in the chamber decocked ready for double action.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff8487 View Post
    I really like my P345. I've only fired about 1000 rounds through it but I've shot everything from Sellier and Bellots , Winchester White Box, Blazer Brass, and American Eagle without so much as one single hiccup. The only thing I wish was different would be a bit more capacity in the mag but 8 is sufficient. I also carry mine with one in the chamber decocked ready for double action.
    Here, here!
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Links