OK help me pick my next gun...

This is a discussion on OK help me pick my next gun... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 on the S&W 642, handy little pocket revolver....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK help me pick my next gun...

+1 on the S&W 642, handy little pocket revolver.

2. Remove Ads

I haven't seen anyone suggest this, but I have always been an advocate of carrying the most powerful gun you can get away with. With that in mind, I recommend checking out the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special. it is small enough to easily conceal, but hits like a truck. I've owned one since the '80s before they stopped making them for a period of time. I think they started back up recently, but it is a great little gun. I load mine with COR-BON loads, either the 165 grain load at 1050fps, or the 200 grain load at 950. I tried the Glaser safety slugs once, but was disappointed when I chronographed the rounds, and they did not perform as advertised. Either way, I love that Bulldog, it has been a very reliable performer, the only problem is, my wife saw it and took it from me when we got married, now I can't get it back, she keeps telling me that she owns "half" of everything.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links