Defensive Carry banner

If you are a civilian do you carry a backup gun?

• Yup

Votes: 79 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 224 49.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 113 25.1%
  • Most of the time, but not always.

Votes: 35 7.8%

If You Are a Civilian Do You Carry a Backup Gun?

10K views 75 replies 67 participants last post by  ReefBlueCoupe 
#1 · (Edited)
just a poll

#33 ·
My cc reads "concealed weapon or firearm license"; not plural. I believe it is worded that way on purpose, and wouldn't want to loose my priviledge because of a strict interpretation of the title.
You're in Florida, as am I (and a bunch of folks on this forum). Do you have any actual knowledge of the law stating that you're limited to one gun at a time? I don't recall language of that sort in the statute (I'd have to recheck, because I never read it looking for that), and I would not go by the words printed on the actual license card; that's not the statute, that's just the license. The terms of licensure are in the statute book, not on the card they mail you.

I'd like to see someone chime in on this, particularly someone who really knows the facts.

#7 ·
I do not, though I see the usefulness of a BUG in certain situations.

#8 ·
I have on rare occasions (no particular reason), put my P-3AT in a front pocket as an addition to my Kimber Ultra...

#10 ·
Just once, when I had a guy come to the door at 0130 in a blizzard and he needed gas, so I took him to the gas station.

#18 ·
Whenever I use my Sig-Tac vest as my cover garment, I'm usually carrying my XD 45 in my IWB strong side, and I carry my Glock 26 in a pocket holster in the left inner pocket. It's not only nice to have the security of a backup, but when driving, it is very difficult to pull your gun from an IWB, or any belt holster. It's much easier to draw my Glock from the vest. While my preferred method of self defence in a car with the motor running is to leave, it may not be possible.

#19 ·
Not all the time, but I do a good chunk of the time.

#22 ·
When working, I always so. For a number of yrs, I typically didn't off-duty (& I've always had a 442 &/or Glock 26). Nowadays, since picking up a Kel-Tec P-32, I find myself carrying it all the time as a BUG to whatever I carry (Kahr PM9 or G-19).

I used to almost NEVER wear a gun while in the house, but I almost always do now.

#23 ·
Most of the time. The Keltec .380 is just too easy to carry in a pocket not to have it. As far as the Keltec being the backup, it in all reality has a good chance of being the primary. Chances are real good I may already have my hand in my pocket, thus making this the first gun drawn, fighting with a mouse-gun to buy time to access the g26 (bigger mouse gun)on my hip. That sequence may not be everybody's ideal, but it is my reality.

Dan

#25 ·
Exactly! Although I pocket carry a P-32, it just may be the 1st drawn only because having your hand in your pocket is such a natural gesture & doesn't/shouldn't raise any suspicions ('till it's too late) by the BG.

Having said that, though, I appendix carry my G-19 or PM9, so it's quick to access, but my hand's constantly on the grip of the K-T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.