If You Are a Civilian Do You Carry a Backup Gun? - Page 5

If You Are a Civilian Do You Carry a Backup Gun?

This is a discussion on If You Are a Civilian Do You Carry a Backup Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you were smart you would....

View Poll Results: If you are a civilian do you carry a backup gun?

Voters
451. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

80 17.74%
  • No

224 49.67%
  • Rarely

113 25.06%
  • Most of the time, but not always.

34 7.54%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If You Are a Civilian Do You Carry a Backup Gun?

If you were smart you would.

Hell Yeah!! I carry two!!

Yes, I am a civillian, and yes I carry a BUG. In fact there are times that I will carry a Glock 19 or 26, S&W638, and or a NAA .32 Gaurdian. Is this overkill? Yes, it is, but I would rather have more than one over having none at all. I have always followed the "if you feel you need to carry a gun. then carry two."
    I'll be your Huckleberry!! I have two guns! One for each of you!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    I personally don't do it. I may in the future if I feel the need, but I don't live in an area prone to riots, spontaneous hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, ect.
    However, based on your location, I think YOU of all people should realize that people crack and go shooting up 30+ college students.

Could happen anywhere, right? Doesn't take a natural disaster to be well armed.

No, BUT.

I always carry the P-3AT. However once I get a good CC holster for my .40 it will also accompany, so I guess the answer will be "yes, eventually."

Quote Originally Posted by fludy12 View Post
    However, based on your location, I think YOU of all people should realize that people crack and go shooting up 30+ college students.

Could happen anywhere, right? Doesn't take a natural disaster to be well armed.
    You telling me that I would need 3 guns and 50+ rounds of backup ammo to eliminate a "cho"? I think one would suffice. These kind of people are cowards and when faced with equal force *usually* end their own lifes. I am confident in my abilities with my one gun to help them on their way if they choose to hesitate in that regard.

Look I am not going to try to persuade you to only carry one gun. I carry only one gun because I feel that I can handle 99.9% of the situations that I may face. There are always horror stories and crazy scenarios that you can throw around, but the fact of the matter is: I am armed--I can fight back. You can't plan for everything but you can at least prepare--even still you can't prepare for everything. Being prepared is relative. If you feel prepared with one gun then great--if you feel prepared with 2+ then great.

Senior Moderator
    Let's keep it civil,

No personal attacks or this thread will get shut down
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I don't.

I live in Louisiana, not Baghdad.

Quote Originally Posted by senseiturtle View Post
    I don't.

I live in Louisiana, not Baghdad.
    And, what did you not understand about Katrina and all the looting, shootings, murders in your back yard?

I carry 2 when I travel to Louisiana. I have to go through Houston and when I get to LA. I like to have 2. Seecamp in the front pocket and the XD 9MM on the belt.

Most days I carry a KEL-TEC P-32, and consider it enough for my environment. If I go into a questionable area, I substitute a .38 snubbie.

I have owned a .45 ACP for 30 years, but almost never carry it. Too big!

VIP Member
    My sense is that a bug is overkill and I don't carry one. However, thinking about it, I can easily envision an horrific situation in which I might be disarmed in a close up fight. A bug on the ankle would then be awfully nice.

Again, not following my own advice, good martial arts training in disarms, weapons recovery, ground fighting, and so on is worthwhile--though I realize most of us don't really have the time to really put into such study.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
    In North Carolina, the law states:

"As of December 1, 1995, certain residents of North Carolina may be eligible to obtain a permit which would allow them to carry a concealed handgun under certain conditions. No other weapons can be carried concealed pursuant to such permit."

The important word here is "a concealed handgun", not "handguns" or a backup gun and a primary gun, or anything else you can fit into the back of your pants. "No other weapons can be carried concealed" again clearly states no other weapons, meaning backup guns.

The law appears to be very clear in North Carolina - 1 concealed gun per permit holder.

Quote from NC Gun laws website:
    "As of August 14, 2003, North Carolina also allows certain out of state concealed
    handgun permittees to carry concealed handguns pursuant to such permits in North
    Carolina if the person’s respective state also grants such privilege to North Carolina
    concealed handgun permittees."

If you continue to read further down it continues to use the word "guns" plural. So I don't believe the above post limits to just one gun. I asked a cop that I go to church with and he said there is no problem with somebody carrying a second gun. He said the quote about other weapons not being allowed to be carried reffered to switchblades, brass knuckles, stun guns and others items listed in the wording of the law.
    Do what you feel comfortable with but as for me I usually have a BUG on me.

Here is the link to the site I copied the above quote from, scroll down to the bottom of page 10 and below.

http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

i don't carry a BUG either, mainly because of where i live. IMO it isn't necessary but i'm sure that could be argued by others who feel that doesn't matter. i do have at least one folder as a backup though.
    What's this button do?

No, because my primary is an H&K!! *Flame Suit on!!!*
    Last edited by paratroop23; August 27th, 2007 at 12:42 AM.

I work armed courier service. if we're hauling some precious goods other than Ben Franklins which occurs from time to time I pack my G21 and then pack my G30 in a vest holster.... Just incase somebody decides to get a lil too rowdy I dont think my check would cover losing some of those precious jewels I act like I work and my employer acts like he pays me LOL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links