Who has an FN Pistol????

Who has an FN Pistol????

This is a discussion on Who has an FN Pistol???? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just as the title states; who has or knows anything about the FN brand pistols. The FNP series to be exact is the one that ...

Who has an FN Pistol????

Just as the title states; who has or knows anything about the FN brand pistols. The FNP series to be exact is the one that I'm looking at. This price is right at $410, but I haven't heard too much about these guns. The gun itself was pretty slick, Single action/double action and 16+1 magazine capacity. Ideas or comments welcomed.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gofastgsxr View Post
    Just as the title states; who has or knows anything about the FN brand pistols. The FNP series to be exact is the one that I'm looking at. This price is right at $410, but I haven't heard too much about these guns. The gun itself was pretty slick, Single action/double action and 16+1 magazine capacity. Ideas or comments welcomed.
    Thanks
    I own one, after much research I purchased it, I would buy 50 more if my money situation permitted!

The trigger is amazing for a duty gun, blackened stainless slide (or satin silver), SA/DA, 16+1 with stainless mags (3 mind you), adjustable backstraps, etc, you'd be crazy not to buy the gun..

That and it's dead reliable.. I have about 1100 rounds through it now with not a SINGLE problem, not a huge number, but enough to make a statement that it's reliable...

i have a five seven, and use it as my main carry. nothing but fine things to say about it. i don't have any experience with the FNP's though.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

1951 - 2011

VIP Member
    Carry one every day plus shoot IDPA with it. Nice gun, reliable and very confortable.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I bought the FN-P9 for my young bride for Xmas 4 years ago. She needed a good semi-auto for the Texas Concealed Handgun License class. In Texas, if you qualify with a revolver, that's all you can carry, but if you qualify with a semi, you're legal for either.

The big issues I looked for were:
    1) Ease of left-handed operation, since she's a lefty. The FN-P9 has an ambi de-cocker and the mag release is reversible. My gunsmith took care of that for me, and added a little shelf to the slide release to make it easier for her to operate with her left index finger.

2) Good grip fit. Since it has a couple of different backstraps included, it was easy to pick one that fit her smaller hand best. You can get additional ones if the two included don't work for you.

3) Ease of operation. Some pistols we looked at had slides that were just too tough for her to pull back. The FN-P9 is no prob at all.

4)Reliability/ammo versatility. FMJ and JHP of any brand I've tried function just fine. Absolutely never a hiccup.

5) Accuracy. My wife is a good shot, and this is a very accurate pistol.

6) Comfort. Easy on the hands to shoot. A number of friends and family who have never been shooters have really enjoyed shooting this one. Recoil is nothing to speak of.

7) Ease of takedown/cleaning. Very simple to manage.

Another benefit was the light rail. For home defense use, she has Glock's little light/laser unit.

On top of all that, I feel it's a very good value for the money. It even came with 3 15-round mags.

If there's any drawback for concealed carry, it's the size. My wife has commented that she might like to trade for the new FN-P9M, the compact model. Haven't found one to look at yet, though. If one shows up at the local gun show, I'm liable to come home with it!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Thanks for the replies.
    I have also heard nothing but good from the gun.
    As somebody stated, is there a more compact series than the
    FNP??? If so, I will defenitaly GO and buy one.
    Thanks

There is an FNP9M, here's a link:

http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firea...asp?gid=FNG001

Links