Springfield Loaded 9mm.......

This is a discussion on Springfield Loaded 9mm....... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is an awesome gun. I finally picked it up last week, they are kinda hard to come by unless you are willing to pay what ...

Thread: Springfield Loaded 9mm.......

Is an awesome gun. I finally picked it up last week, they are kinda hard to come by unless you are willing to pay what the sellers of new ones out there that know how difficult it is to get one want for them. I have seen them as much as $969.00 on Gunbroker.

I paid $766.67 OTD and I will have to say that after, taking it down, inspecting it internally, cleaning her up and applying a new coat of lube in all the right places and shooting this gun at the range it was a major bargain at that price.

This Springfield chambered in 9mm shoot's like butter with very little felt recoil so getting or really, staying on target was easy. We set up a 5 station target course with two shot's on target's 1 and 2, 1 shot for the T zone on target 3 and 2 shot's on target's 4 and 5 that were set up close together as if there were two BG's for quicker rapid fire shot's on both. 1st mag had 5rds the second had 4rds.

The Course was set up to move from left to right but after first moving forward slightly on targets 1 and 2 and getting to cover for the T Zone shot.

Target 1 was a picture of a Rotty ready to attack and was low to the ground like a dog would be and about 7-9 yards out.
    Target 2 was out at 24-26 yards beyond target 1 of a BG with a gun.

Target 3 was at 10-11 yards and to the right of targets 1 and 2 shooting from behind cover and shooting for the outlined T Zone where this BG was holding a little boy hostage with a gun pointed at him.

After the T Zone target the mag was dropped then adding a fresh 4 round mag as quickly as possible from behind cover and advancing on targets 4 and 5 both BG's with gun's using controlled steps basically shooting double taps on each target or as fast as one could and get hit's.

All targets were with movement other than the T Zone shot that we kneeled from behind cover. Very nice day at the range with this target set up. Shot about 500 rds and the Springfield had absolutely zero issues or concerns.

My double shot's were very tight throughout the course/day, I missed the T Zone 3 times out of maybe 20 plus shot's but even so the dude had a bad headache and these were of my first 5 or 8 shot's getting used to the sights.

I posted a couple pic's of the Springfield.

Before you lawyers say it, I understand the concern about the Punisher grip's, they are just for novelty purposes and I don't think I am the "Punisher" dude. I don't even like comic book's but always liked the Punisher.

1911's chambered in 9mm, I don't see a bit of problem with it! The gun is awesome I tell ya! And I will have the gun paid for in 7 months with the savings of not having to pay for 1000 rd. cases of .45's all the time.

The only thing I disliked about the gun even though I am shooting this gun great is the black target sights. I am not used to them, I normally have either white dot's or night sites so this was quite different to me.

What are my choices or what are you doing with your black target sites for a better sight picture if anything?

This is the best pic I could get but when aiming with the sights, arms extended there is little light to the sides of the front site as they appear now and they are difficult to pick up when moving and quickly shooting if you are wanting to aim.

Thank's for listening, I just wanted to give a plug to the 1911 chambered in 9mm. I can see why so many love the 1911's chambered in .38 super.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Congrats on your 9mm. The pistols that have been coming through S.A. the last couple of years have been real consistent. I sold my target 9mm recently, but will build another just like it soon.

My only fixes were to replace the firing pin with an Ed Brown steel unit for reliable ignition of harder +P primers. I also had the front sight serrated. These things get better when they have had a few thousand rounds through em.

Enjoy all of that cheap (used to be) 9mm ammo out there and the best warranty in the business.

congrats been looking for one myself

did get to handle a emp today quite intersting

Good Idea about the firing pin. I will leave that for daown the road If I decide to carry it ever and looking for more power.

Also, my front sight came serrated, I guess SA changed that.

Bud, the EMP's are cool little gun's. My instructor has one and although it is not as nice to shoot as the full size it is a sweet carry gun.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Lead Moderator
    Very nice looking gun Ti.

Some night or dot fixed sights might be a good option if you do plan on carrying it. Target sights aren't typically as rugged or quick to pick up for fast shooting.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Great looking pistol! Regards, Richard

Sponsored Links