HK USP v. USPc - Page 2

HK USP v. USPc

This is a discussion on HK USP v. USPc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can I buy it with factory installed night sights? If so, any idea on cost?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: HK USP v. USPc

  1. #16
    Member Array Shotgun Willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    242
    Can I buy it with factory installed night sights? If so, any idea on cost?
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40


  2. #17
    Member Array uspc4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Bay
    Posts
    15
    Yes you can. Some does come with it and it costs approx. 60-80 more depending on the shop.

  3. #18
    Member Array samtechlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Weights are comparable but the Sig offers higher capacity and a higher probablity for a one shot stop (where decently placed) because of advances in ammunition. Besides I figure the Navy SEALs and the Texas Rangers had good reasons to go with the P226!
    Good point. I think the Rangers got their 226's in 357 Sig not 9mm.

  4. #19
    VIP Member Array Blackeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,147
    My first carry gun was a USP Compact .45. USPs are fine, accurate, reliable weapons. Their only real disadvantages are a less than excellent trigger and the fact that they (and their magazines) cost a fortune.

    Between the fullsize and the compact, I'd go full size if you can conceal it. I'm a big fan of high capacity magazines (that's why I finally stopped carrying my USPc). Pistol bullets are wimpy (yes, even the .45) and repeated application may be necessary. Throw in multiple assailants and suddenly 8+1 doesn't really seem sufficient. 13 rounds of .45 make me a lot more comfortable.

  5. #20
    Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    Pistol bullets are wimpy (yes, even the .45) and repeated application may be necessary. Throw in multiple assailants and suddenly 8+1 doesn't really seem sufficient. 13 rounds of .45 make me a lot more comfortable.
    I often overlook the fact that I may have to down multiple BG's. Good call on this.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,168
    Yeah, in your other thread, I suggested you go with the compact, but if as you say you could conceal even the full-size USP "with ease," there isn't much reason not to get a longer barrel and a higher magazine capacity. (Not sure how many more rounds you get in a USP.45 full size over the compact.)

    Normally I would suggest the smaller version of just about any gun when it will be primarily a carry gun, just because the smaller they are, typically the more carry options you'll have. But if you're big enough to make the gun disappear as you need to even if it's the full-size version, more power to ya!

  7. #22
    BAC
    BAC is offline
    VIP Member Array BAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    I'm a big fan of high capacity magazines (that's why I finally stopped carrying my USPc). Pistol bullets are wimpy (yes, even the .45) and repeated application may be necessary. Throw in multiple assailants and suddenly 8+1 doesn't really seem sufficient. 13 rounds of .45 make me a lot more comfortable.
    This fast?

    Or this fast?


    -B

  8. #23
    VIP Member Array Blackeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Impressive, but not really applicable to a self-defense situation. Let's see them do that on the move and reloading from a mag pouch that's concealed underneath a cover garment.

  9. #24
    BAC
    BAC is offline
    VIP Member Array BAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2,292
    Didn't say it was applicable to self-defense, but it does drive home a point. Practice practice practice, and you can be fast enough for that carry piece to magically reload.


    -B

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array Blackeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Didn't say it was applicable to self-defense, but it does drive home a point. Practice practice practice, and you can be fast enough for that carry piece to magically reload.
    But no matter how much we practice, reloading's still going to take longer than pulling the trigger again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. H&K USPc .45 for EDC?
    By knoxlaw in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: August 24th, 2009, 12:53 PM
  2. USPc or G23
    By TheSamurai in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: February 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
  3. IWB for HK USPC 40
    By rangerman2003 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 18th, 2006, 10:02 PM
  4. USP v. USPc (45's)
    By ExSoldier in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: December 27th, 2005, 09:06 PM

Search tags for this page

difference between hk usp and uspc
,
difference between the hk usp and usp-c
,
disadvantage of usp-v
,
h&k usp v. uspc grip
,
hk usp match equivalent
,
hk usp transfer bar
,
hk usp utah
,

hk usp v

,

usp or uspc

,
uspc match weight
Click on a term to search for related topics.