HK USP v. USPc - Page 2

HK USP v. USPc

This is a discussion on HK USP v. USPc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can I buy it with factory installed night sights? If so, any idea on cost?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK USP v. USPc

Can I buy it with factory installed night sights? If so, any idea on cost?
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

Yes you can. Some does come with it and it costs approx. 60-80 more depending on the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Weights are comparable but the Sig offers higher capacity and a higher probablity for a one shot stop (where decently placed) because of advances in ammunition. Besides I figure the Navy SEALs and the Texas Rangers had good reasons to go with the P226!
    Good point. I think the Rangers got their 226's in 357 Sig not 9mm.

My first carry gun was a USP Compact .45. USPs are fine, accurate, reliable weapons. Their only real disadvantages are a less than excellent trigger and the fact that they (and their magazines) cost a fortune.

Between the fullsize and the compact, I'd go full size if you can conceal it. I'm a big fan of high capacity magazines (that's why I finally stopped carrying my USPc). Pistol bullets are wimpy (yes, even the .45) and repeated application may be necessary. Throw in multiple assailants and suddenly 8+1 doesn't really seem sufficient. 13 rounds of .45 make me a lot more comfortable.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    Pistol bullets are wimpy (yes, even the .45) and repeated application may be necessary. Throw in multiple assailants and suddenly 8+1 doesn't really seem sufficient. 13 rounds of .45 make me a lot more comfortable.
    I often overlook the fact that I may have to down multiple BG's. Good call on this.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Yeah, in your other thread, I suggested you go with the compact, but if as you say you could conceal even the full-size USP "with ease," there isn't much reason not to get a longer barrel and a higher magazine capacity. (Not sure how many more rounds you get in a USP.45 full size over the compact.)

Normally I would suggest the smaller version of just about any gun when it will be primarily a carry gun, just because the smaller they are, typically the more carry options you'll have. But if you're big enough to make the gun disappear as you need to even if it's the full-size version, more power to ya!

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    I'm a big fan of high capacity magazines (that's why I finally stopped carrying my USPc). Pistol bullets are wimpy (yes, even the .45) and repeated application may be necessary. Throw in multiple assailants and suddenly 8+1 doesn't really seem sufficient. 13 rounds of .45 make me a lot more comfortable.
    This fast?

Or this fast?

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Impressive, but not really applicable to a self-defense situation. Let's see them do that on the move and reloading from a mag pouch that's concealed underneath a cover garment.

BAC
    Didn't say it was applicable to self-defense, but it does drive home a point. Practice practice practice, and you can be fast enough for that carry piece to magically reload.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Didn't say it was applicable to self-defense, but it does drive home a point. Practice practice practice, and you can be fast enough for that carry piece to magically reload.
    But no matter how much we practice, reloading's still going to take longer than pulling the trigger again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links