Defensive Carry banner

Just had to share

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ront 
#1 ·
I took this picture and just had to share. Here is my M&P40 with Hideaway and E2D. I just need to get a good holster and some new sights and I'll be set.

See less See more
#4 ·
I like to have the option of racking the slide with the sights which is impossible with those novak sights.

I also want to put a night sight on the front (the only one the store had without the mag disconnect was without night sights) and either a 10-8 or Warren tactical for the rear.

I have use three dot sights ever since I started shooting but want to try a plain black rear sight. The theory that the lack of two rear dots will make it easier to focus on the front site seems sound. It seemed to hold true for me the two or three drills I shot with this setup while using a borrowed gun at the Roger's Shooting School. If I don't like it I will just add a set of night sights to the rear and be done with it.

#8 ·
Very nice gun Rocnerd!! I have the .40c and I like it a lot!! I also have a sight set up pretty much exactly like you are talking about. It have taken a bit to get used to just the night sight in front. I like the set up very much. That said, it the Warren Tactical sight were released with a tritium tube under the notch (just a single tube) I may purchase that one.
Here are a few pictures of my set up.

Ron

Stock sight set up

#9 ·
Congrats on your M&P. I absolutely love mine. If you are looking for a good kydex holster with excellent turnaround times, check out Comp-Tac.

Ron, nice pictures. Everytime I see them, I want to get that sight setup working on my M&P9c. I, like yourself, am hoping Warren Tactical does release the single dot rear sight.

#10 ·
Nice pics Ront. Did you put those sights on yourself?

I tried the Warren on a friend's Glock and consistently hit left with it. He had a very thin front sight on it though, maybe the Sevigney (sp?).
I tried the Warren again with a Dawson Fiber Optic front site and it was really nice. I was debating for awhile about using a F/O front sight, but finally decided that no matter how durable they may be the trijicon night sights will be more so. I don't want to go to use the gun only to find out the front site is missing or damaged.
Once finances allow I will probably go get an M&P9 and put a F/O front on that for use in IPSC or IDPA.

For a holster I bought the Safariland ALS paddle. Really nice and the retention doesn't slow me down at all. The only problem with it is that there is no way I can conceal this setup without wearing a significant cover garment. It just sticks out from my side way too far. So, I guess I am in the market for a holster but will probably go with leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.