My new addition - Page 2

My new addition

This is a discussion on My new addition within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice piece! I have a 642 and it is a fine gun to carry. Welcome to the 442/642 club!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new addition

Nice piece! I have a 642 and it is a fine gun to carry. Welcome to the 442/642 club!

Congrats with your 442!
    Will be joining the club soon with the purchase of a 642. Looking forward to being able to just stick it in my pocket and run down to the corner grocery store. These guns are quality, and like has been said, everyone needs at least (1) revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    The MSRP on it is over $529, but you can expect to pay (for a new one) around $430. The big chains (Bass Pro and Cabela's) are a little more expensive and the single-owner shops are a little less (I buy from a single-owner - I know his name and he knows mine). You can get a used one (good condition) for between $300 and $340.

Good luck and good hunting!

cw
    If i'm not mistaking, I have seen a brand new 642 for $399 at sportsmans warehouse.

VIP Member
    That things as ugly as a mud fence... maybe you should just send it to me!

Semper Fi bro!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Great choice. My 442 rides in a Kramer pocket due to my affinity for leather holsters. It was going to be my carry a lot shoot a little gun but I just can't stop shooting the snot out of it.

For my next snub, I think I may try to find a pre lock 342PD.

Semper Snub.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Getting to know each other

So I took my new addition to the range today to see if we were going to make good dance partners ... I'll say this: we need some practice.

Anyone who has gotten completely and totally used to a glock trigger (or God forbid, a pure SAO trigger) will find that the DAO trigger pull on a revolver is, how shall I put this, different. And fixed sights on a 2" barrel - yep, God has a sense a humor and this afternoon started off as a laugh-fest. The first 10 shots were laugh out loud funny. I took a deep breath, re-focused, and adjusted my front sight post picture. My last 20 shots (of 50) at 21 feet were within a 5" circle. Isn't there a saying about stickin' with things in life?

I'm a glutton for punishment, but I can't wait to get back to the range for round 2. I'm taking 100 rounds with me next time. I may also require band-aids en route to new callouses. Those little snubs can work your hands over after a while. It's funny. I usually go to the range and put 150 - 200 rounds through my glock and not blink - all tight groups, no drama. A pure defensive revolver that DISAPPEARS into your pocket and will always go bang when you want it to will bring some additional drama into your life. As far as I'm concerned it's worth every minute. I love this gun.

cw
    Last edited by Plan B; August 11th, 2007 at 10:29 PM.

After some practice, I am close to a 7" circle at 25 yards. I was surprised to find that I am more accurate with my snub than my sub G27. My 442 has redefined my marksmanship principles and has made me inherently more accurate with my Glocks.

The only thing that changed for me for my snubs trigger control is that I lay my trigger finger phalange right on the trigger.

Glad it's working out for you.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links