You Can Help Me Decide..... - Page 2

You Can Help Me Decide.....

This is a discussion on You Can Help Me Decide..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gasmitty I hate to answer a question with a question, but - what are YOUR requirements? That is a patient untruth. You ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: You Can Help Me Decide.....

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I hate to answer a question with a question, but - what are YOUR requirements?
    That is a patient untruth. You very much LIKE answering a question with a question. I've witnessed it too many times.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I have both. A 26, 19, mod 2 9mm and 45. I carried the 19 and 26 for over a year mainly the 26 with extension on the mags. Then I bought the mod 2 9 and 45. I don't notice the weight difference with the 9 as I do the 45. The mod 2 9 mm actually conceals better than the 26. I could never shoot the glocks very well but I am pretty good with the xd mod 2 in the 9. I am better with the 45. Who knew? But it's a little heavier than the mod 2 9 mm which I carry more often. I carry aiwb in a jm custom kydex George.

crwilliams I like striker fired no extra safety pistols too but a true SA needs a thumb safety . Maybe with time and experience the op will figure it all ut . I also be leave carry guns should have the same grip angle so the natural point is as close to the same along with trigger pull as high stress moments tend cause a person to not use there sights as they would when " target " shooting . So some type of point shooting will take over . I hunt with dot optic equipped handguns and can make a heart or neck shot at 150 yards but defensive handguns are more along the lines of Flash Sight Picture shooting and the last thing you need there is a change in the natural point or trigger difference . You only need to "flash" on sites and then move your focus on the target and surrounding area . Let your natural point stay on target .

I have a safe full of handguns - 21 or 22 , but I keep the carry choices close to the same as far as grip angle and trigger design trigger go .

Want to see how bad you can be with your preferred carry pistol . Shoot a 50 rounds thru a nice well tuned 1911 then from a holster on a timers BEEP draw and fired a fast double tap or triple tap with each of the handguns you well carry currently with rounds counting placed inside the A zone of a uspsa target like your life depended on those shots . Out side the A zone does not count . You will probably find some are not well placed and split times vari greatly between each and may help define what you carry .

I like a plane ole no extra levers to mess with strike fired pistol too but have a couple hammer fired oldies . I can shoot at home so if I change defensive gun style like from a p320 to a s&w 669 I can go out back and run some drills to stay in tune with the minor difference's both have longer first trigger pulls with in a 1/2lb of the same pull weight and both have short resets and both have the same grip angle but I'll still walk out back and fire a couple mags thru it running some drills at least with a handgun change. As different as they are they feel the same and shoot the same and even weight the same . NO safety levers needed ether . I've tried glocks a couple times and there good defensive handguns . Just can't get beyond the grip design an angle from my other carry pistols . M&p is closer to glock than a 1911 grip angle and as nice as they feel in the hand I don't carry one but have fun with my wifes CORE .

So many choices out there , keep it simple for carry .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

GMC
    My pick would be the XD Mod2 just for the fact of mag sharing. I have a Ruger 9E and my next purchase is going to be SR9c for the same reason. Even if there are new and cooler looking options. Then again I change my mind all the time. But right now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you had two girlfriends, both are curvy, capable & attractive, would you ask a buncha' internet strangers to...help you decide?
    SatCong and hardluk1 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

GMC
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    If you had two girlfriends, both are curvy, capable & attractive, would you ask a buncha' internet strangers to...help you decide?
    LMAO
    ghost tracker likes this.

You might get a better trigger with the Glock.

I'll personally never own another, but that's jsut my bad expereince
    with my old G43. The G26 ran fine.

My MOD 2 SUB-Compact did as well. Just couldn't master the trigger.

They are interesting guns, esp if you buy the Service Mode, and SUB
    then their Mod 2 .45 as well.

This has a far better trigger, but lower capacity.

Enjoy the pics, if you decide that you want to go SUB-Compact springer, I still
    have some holsters.

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/bo...?sort=3&page=1
    www.czforum.com
    FB: CZ 2075 RAMI Owners USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links