You Can Help Me Decide.....

This is a discussion on You Can Help Me Decide..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I have several pistols through the years so I am not new to the sport of shooting. I love coming on this sight to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: You Can Help Me Decide.....

Ok, I have several pistols through the years so I am not new to the sport of shooting. I love coming on this sight to catch up on new things and continue to learn. It's time to buy a new gun. I have basically narrowed it down to two. Glock 26 and Springfield Mod 2 compact. Now, I know all about the Glock haters and the Springfield lovers and vise versa. I basically have been a Springfield man and own many. I have shot glocks also and shoot them fine. As I have been a CCW carrier for over 10 years, I am now looking for more rounds with less weight. Not any different than many. I have a Shield in 9mm and a full size XD. I also have a Ruger LCR and LCP. I am missing something in the middle range. My wife's gun is a XD Subcompact in 9mm. Now it's hers and very protective. lol lol So, The glock is lighter with basically 10 rounds without any extension, the Springfield would have 13 rounds but a little heavier. I know I could also purchase a glock 19, which is only a little larger than the G26. So,,,,,, What's your opinion folks?

Senior Moderator
    I hate to answer a question with a question, but - what are YOUR requirements?
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

You already have so stick to them .. Why not get a normal XD pistol ? Share the mag of the larger size you have
    Eric357 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I like a Glock better than a Springfield for no particular reason but I don't have either. I have a 5 shot 9mm revolver, a 9mm Shield and a Beretta 92FS. I feel I have the 9mm hangun covered pretty good.
    Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

Yes, I know I really don't need anything else but, got a little money so why not buy a gun. I do have a regular size XD service model........
    Just thought I might get yalls opinion on the two guns. Keep the replies coming... My requirements would be a good carry gun thats not too heavy that would carry around 10 to 13 rounds. Again, I have the smaller capacity guns and the full size. Nothing in between.
    Eric357 likes this.

suds I don't own ether brand but WHY would you consider moving to a platform as different from a XD as a glock ? The natural point and trigger pull would be so different as a defensive use handgun you might as well sell the xd's and go all glock ! It is your choice and decision as to what You should buy not ours and reviews of both are abundant . Rent both if you can and ten YOU decide what fills your carry gap .
    BigHairyGobbler likes this.

Only referring to the G19 being a little larger than the G26 part of the OP.

That is true, I have and carry both. To me, the G26 carries a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many threads like this...if one were to think there's be an optimal pistol it'd have been answered already. Truth is there's no ideal pistol for everyone. Glock 19 comes close (hate to admit) but not for everyone. Go to a gun store and try some out and see what works for you.
    Eric357 and Paladin3840 like this.
    My guarantee: "If I don't stop you with my first three shots the next one's free."

Have you shot both? Once you do that it should be an easy decision to make! Welcome to the forum!
    Eric357 likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO Pistol Permit, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified
    Active Fraternal Order of Police member
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    m&p9C works well. carries well and i like the addition of the grip extension for full size grip higher cap mag when you want it.

It would seem a Glock 19 would be the choice. It's lighter weight. It holds 15 +1 and you shoot them well. You could always look at a Glock 23 or 32

Distinguished Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    suds I don't own ether brand but WHY would you consider moving to a platform as different from a XD as a glock ? The natural point and trigger pull would be so different as a defensive use handgun you might as well sell the xd's and go all glock ! It is your choice and decision as to what You should buy not ours and reviews of both are abundant . Rent both if you can and ten YOU decide what fills your carry gap .
    He indicates he can shoot either one fine in the OP.

I've carried an xD and M&P and Glock past or present. I tend to prefer something without a grip safety but that's me.
    Si vis pacem, para violentus.

www.inshadowinlight.com

I'd go with the G19...that's, of course, what I did. I can only carry when I'm out of my home state of Kommiefornia, or just on my own property. Honestly, most of the time when I'm just around our two acres with the gate closed, I carry something smaller, like my 238 or 938, or my XDs or Shield. But, when I have to leave the gate open for deliveries and whatnot, I've got either my 19 or my g30 on my hip. Of course in Kommiefornia that still only gives me 10+1...but that's still better than 7+1. To me, the g19 is a very good balance between caliber, capacity, and size (outside of the People's Republik).

I had the same problem and got the Springfield Range Officer Champion. Everyone should have a 1911 in their collection. Nice and thin and carries lighter than it is. Also got a HK P30SK 9mm and Colt 1911 .45. They are my mid-range guns. I like the Champion the best. I am not a Glock lover but if I had to buy one gun it would be the Glock 19. Good carry size, 15 round capacity and full fingered grip. Also take a look at the M&P line. >Their 9mm compact is a little bigger than the Glock 26 and holds more rounds. Sort of like between the Glock 26 and 19. Most people I know with a Glock 26 end up putting a pinkie extension on it and make the grip as long as the 19.

I have a Springfield XD MOD2 .45 that I enjoy. It has good capacity, carries well and shoots well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links