Picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm today...

This is a discussion on Picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm today... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wanted a full size 9mm range gun that wouldn't break the bank. Looked at and researched the XD-9, Beretta PX4, CZ-P01 (owned this before, but ...

Thread: Picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm today...

Smile Picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm today...

Wanted a full size 9mm range gun that wouldn't break the bank.

Looked at and researched the XD-9, Beretta PX4, CZ-P01 (owned this before, but wasn't in stock at gun shop), and S&W M&P, and Hi Power.

I have tiny girl like hands so I have to go with guns that fit my hand. I wasn't expecting to actually buy at the local shop, Shoot Straight Apopka, FL. Had gotten prices at Buds and Whittakers and noted that if I could get them locally for $500 it would be a decent deal to walk away with one.

It was nice and slow when I went which was good.

Held each of the guns one at a time. None immediately said this was the one and I had to hold all of them several times.

There were used Hi Powers and I'll be darned if they aren't perfect for my silly hands! Talk about slim. But- $650+ and 13rds and sorta heavy. Decided it was a drop too much for now.

I started splitting hairs and eliminated the M&P because the grip sort of curved to a point under the trigger guard, or this is how it felt and I didn't like that.

M&P's were on sale for $499 though.

Now it was between the XD-9 and Beretta PX4. I held them at the same time, swapped them out one after the other a few times...

The PX4 was at $599 and the XD Tactical was $629- the service was $599 I think.

I decided I liked the PX4 a bit better in my hand, plus I am familiar with DA/SA. The PX4 seemed to balance a drop better in my hand as well.

Best part is that the manager was in a good mood. Asked what the best he could do on it if I bought on the spot...sales dude asked the Manager.

He went from $599 to $499 right away. Sweeet. Had the sales guy get me a new one from the back, looked it over, picked up a range bag, paid and left with my new 'toy'.

Having a CCW license is sweet. :)

Will shoot her tomorrow.

Here she is alone and with my carry gun...

2. Remove Ads

How do you like your HK? I am looking for a good sub-compact 9mm for when I am in a NPE. I need something that I can tuck in a smart carry and be completely hidden.

I had a PX4 for a time, shot great, no problems ever. Only thing I didn't care for were the Superluminova sights. Did you get the different back straps? If you really like how it feels, keep an eye out for the subcompact PX4 that is supposed to be released sometime before the end of the year.
    Nick.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Sounds like a good deal. So, I guess you won't be needing your HK anymore???? LOL
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Nice addition. I've always wanted to get my hands on a PX4 Storm but no one at the range has one.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by vernonator View Post
    How do you like your HK? I am looking for a good sub-compact 9mm for when I am in a NPE. I need something that I can tuck in a smart carry and be completely hidden.
    Love the HK. Totally reliable with 1500rds in 3 weeks. Shot a variety of ammo...never one problem. Conceals great. Can use USPc/P2000 mags with Xgrip extension for a regular sized grip for range use, and flat base plate mags for carry.

IWB Milt SParks VMII.

Check out policeguns.com for the best prices I've seen on HK's with night sights and 1 extra magazine.

Got all 3 back straps. Hope my example is reliable. Will post a range report.

OH- and I am keeping my HK for sure. :)
    Regards,

Dean

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The Canadian Border Service just selected this pistol for their very first sidearm. Congrats I hear they are a very good pistol.

Nice looking pistol...let us know how it does!

On another note, Beretta must have made a deal with Ubisoft or Tom Clancy because all the standard weapons in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 are that line. The default rifle is the RX4 Storm, and the pistol is the PX4. The RX4 is easily one of the most versatile and deadly weapons in the game. Is anybody really using this thing in the field? Looks fine.......

-end hijack-

I love my Beretta 92G-SD, but have never shot a Px4. However, on two different Beretta forums I've heard a lot of good feedback about the Px4...I understand there's a .45 ACP version coming in addition to the sub-compact.

Actually, I'm afraid to shoot one, since it would likely end up costing me $500....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Keep it away from your old lady. Mine stole my Px4 and I can't seem to get it back!
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Links