Defensive Carry banner

Sig owners' question

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  tankdriver 
#1 ·
I have the fever once again, and this time I'm really Jonesing for a Sig P-239 in 40 cal. The trouble is, as if this gun isn't expensive enough MSLP: $747 everywhere I've looked, they are asking about $100 more. Is this your experience as well?
Being a general cheapskate, it's difficult to pony up more than list price. Is a Sig really worth it?

#3 ·
I think Sigs are worth some extra cost, but not several hundred more over the competition. I have a SigPro 2022 in 9mm and love it. It was worth a little over the price of a Glock, but I have since gotten a M&P9 for over $100 less then the Sig and I am enjoying it much more. It really comes down to are you willing to pay that much and is it worth it to you.

I would suggest buying used or CPO (Certidied Pre-Owned). Sig CPOs are sent back to the factory and given a run through and all small partd replaced. It become a practically new gun for around $500. Check the SigForum for both used and CPOs.

#4 ·
The shop I deal with had a used one and several factory refurbished ones all priced at about $640. Certainly seemed high to me, especially since the only 239 in the group was the used one and it rattled because the slide to receiver fit was so sloppy!

#5 ·
I've owned 3 different SIG's, and still own 2 right now. I've never had one issue (FTF or FTE), or any other issue with any of them. Personally, I love the full size SIG's (P220, P226).

I have not purchased a gun through any online store, but I've heard very good things about Bud's, and their prices seem very reasonable and beat local gun stores, but not by very much around here.

#6 ·
That seems really odd to me.:confused: I don't think I've ever seen a gun selling for MORE than its MSLP...........many at, but not more. Check around and I'm sure you'll find a much better deal. I know I sure wouldn't want to pay more that the list price. As for the Sigs themselves, well I have to think that they're one of the very best out there. So many federal and state agencies are willing to spend the $$ to outfit their people with them, well, I think that says something in itself. You really do get what you pay for, for the most part. At this moment in time, there is no sidearm on earth that I would trade my 229 for as a personal defense weapon. Shoots accurately, works flawlessly, digests any ammo I put through it without so much as a hiccup.........what more can I ask for? When it comes to staking your life on something, dependability is everything, IMO. :yup::smile:

#8 ·
I saw two this past weekend at a gunshow in Richmond, Va...they were both around $700! I noticed because my wife saw them & she carries one.

#10 ·
I've also been looking for a P239/.40--go to gunbroker.com...you'll find CPO pistols for $500-$600---good deals there.

...I just need my finance committee to agree to another gun purchase.

#12 ·
FWIW, my P239 in .40 is a dandy gun. I think I gave $430 for it used but in 95%+ condition (no visible wear on exterior of gun, bluing wear on barrel).

#13 · (Edited)
I've never enjoyed shooting any handgun more than my P229 SAS. My two cents. It was worth every bloodsucked penny.

I kind of liken it to the BMW GS motorcycle I've got my eye on

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/bikes/bike.jsp?b=r1200gsa

It is a ridiculously priced dual-purpose fun machine, but sometimes, having the refinement is truly what makes a ridiculous price tag justifiable.

Can someone call my wife and tell her I'll be somewhere between here and Canada?...I need to make that much space between us before she sees the Mastercard bill...:naughty:

:AR15firing::1bur2::bigun2:

#14 ·
I might be willing to let mine go with 5 mags, night sights, and ctac.
About 400 rounds through it.

I really want a para LDA. Just not sure I want to give up the reliability of the Sig for something unknown.

#15 ·
I own several Sigs and never paid more than $465 for one. All of them were USED.

I have rarely purchased NEW firearms because I just sit around an wait for the deals. Know what to look for and keep your eyes out for all of the guys getting divorced or married, they usually offer the best deals.

#19 ·
Smart man

I have rarely purchased NEW firearms because I just sit around an wait for the deals. Know what to look for and keep your eyes out for all of the guys getting divorced or married, they usually offer the best deals.
I follow a similar policy, since many people buy new guns, shoot them a little, and want to sell them for whatever reason. You can usually get about 20% off the new price and also avoid sales tax on a new gun. Besides those getting divorced or married and wanting to sell, I have bought from:

- LEOs who like guns, and must get them at a discount or something, because they will sell them very reasonably.
- Military guys being transferred
- Married guys having first kid and wife makes them sell
- Widows selling husband's guns after his death

The main thing is to keep some cash handy and have a rough idea what you want in advance, and what those are worth.

#16 ·
MSRP or MAP?

SIG dealers usually abide by the policy of MAP (minimum ad price) in their adverts. "Round these parts a P239 goes for $690-$740. SCP, CDNN or TNG Hardware can do better-delivered to your FFL.

Check around...

#17 ·
Got Sig and best gun ever owned

Now, who couldn't love a piece like this?

I have Colts and Kimbers and Rohrbaughs, but I am going with the Sig in .40.

I over paid for mine at $825. But no regrets, usually tis true...you get what you pay for.

#18 ·
Sig 239 40SW price

Go to SportingArms.com and click search box then enter what you are looking for. I was just on the site and they have a new one as low as $637.

They are where I bought my Sigs and are great people to do business with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.