Looking for a good hi-cap 45 (NOT a GLOCK) - Page 4

Looking for a good hi-cap 45 (NOT a GLOCK)

This is a discussion on Looking for a good hi-cap 45 (NOT a GLOCK) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The triggers on the LDA models I have handled have been SWEET!! I have read of some durability issues on the forums, but a deputy ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking for a good hi-cap 45 (NOT a GLOCK)

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    The triggers on the LDA models I have handled have been SWEET!! I have read of some durability issues on the forums, but a deputy I know bought one for duty carry. The holster he ordered turned out to fit only the bobbed hammer. He called PO and told them that he had bought the pistol used and wanted to know if it would harm the pistol to carry it with the thumbstrap between the hammer and frame as if it were C&L. The PO guy told him it could lead to spring fatigue since it was not designed to be carried that way.

Then the PO guy offered to send a bobbed hammer free of charge. My friend reminded him that the pistol was used. It didn't matter. They wanted to have a happy PO owner. That says something about their customer service.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Question Lda?

Quote Originally Posted by CombatEffective
    The triggers on the LDA models I have handled have been SWEET!!
    How far does the trigger have to travel on the return to "reset" or being DAO does it have to rebound all the way? And in doing so do you have to take your finger off the trigger all the way to allow it to reset? ALSO, Please outline for me, if you will just HOW the LDA works? I mean I THINK you have to rack the slide so that tension results. Then you set the safety for carry, right? The smooth trigger results come from an already compressed spring, correct?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ive heard the only bad thing so far on lda's is taking them apart

Question Field Strip the LDA?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Ive heard the only bad thing so far on lda's is taking them apart
    AH! Good point. Anybody have any experience with this?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

All kinds of weird springs i heard compared to std 1911 wish i could find more about it

Theres a link for the lda on para's web site couldnt get it to link for some reason kept coming up broken

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I can't explain the inner workings of it. I do seem to remember being all to pull the trigger repeatedly without having to work the slide; so, I think that it does have double strike ability. However, please don't hold me to that as I don't remember for sure.

As a person that shoots DA revolvers a fair amount and shoots DA/SA bottom feeders, I found everything about the LDA trigger to be pleasing. I don't recall having to take my finger all the way off of it to reset it. The sear should reset at a point close to full extension.

The pull on each that I have tried was very, very nice and smooth.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

My best friend SWEARS by his C6 LDA. But he doesn't shoot it that much and only reduced loads. Being a retired 05 Special Forces gives him some credibility in my book. HE says that doing a field strip on a PO with the LDA feature is an exercise in misery. He only does such a job every three or four times he shoots it. The rest of the time he just sprays it down with gun scrubber and makes sure he blasts particles away. Then he wipes it down and pays special attention to the bore and ramp and extractor areas.

I'm not sure I could agree on this. The only gun I know of that works every time all the time, no matter how dirty it gets is the Glock. The Glock only takes FIVE small drops of lubricant to get it to run and run and run. Even run dirty. I wonder how a PO LDA runs when it hasn't been cleaned in about 500rds? I know I'd have no problem with a Glock. Still, I can't have a Glock 45 for the reasons I stated at the start of this thread. When the chips are down only a 45 will do it for my peace of mind. Otherwise I'd stick with my M27 shorty forty forever. I ALSO want the accessory rail for a gunlight.

Thumbs up

That link on the pistol.......is nice!! Might tempt me into getting one of those babies!! I don't use the sight rail, so I can deal with more options available to me in the Para Line........

Thumbs up My Decision Is.....

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Probably the PXD LDA Models.the Covert Black, the Colonel, the Covert Black Ops.......all with 14+1 cap....they also make the 16 and 18 shot models as well..<not sure if they have the rail or not tho>
    Yes, the USPs take a little patience to get accustomed to as well........ Glad to see we're all giving you good input
    Here is the link: http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=45

I am pretty sure that SureFire offers an adaptor for guns without a rail so as to be able to hang the gun light. That does it for me.

Good choice i was out looking at 1911's today didnt have and para's but cople of good looking kimbers and springers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links